Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I got my new pup about 3 weeks ago and have a hard time believing the breed the owners say she is. They say she is part rottweiler part blue heeler and they don't know the other part. I have been searching and can't find and too similar besides a doberman. She is a great looking dog, weighs about 25lbs very energetic and playful. I got her and she was covered in ticks and the food they gave me with her was the cheapest stuff out there. So, what do you guys think about her possible breed? As you can see in the picture she is not very tall.

Attachments

·
Registered
400 Posts
I'm totally seeing that mix. The Rott pattern ad the build, look, and ears of the heeler. Definitely a strange mix though.

·
Registered
423 Posts
This is a pic of my old dog who was a Rotti/Heeler cross. This was taken the week he was put down, he had been a pretty stocky boy in his younger years. For comparison if your interested. If you click on the images you'll see the pics bigger. Wally was 60 lbs in his prime. Your pup is very pretty, I could see her being a Heeler cross. I'm no expert though.

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
61 Posts
I definitely see Rottie/ACD (heeler) too. Rott coloring, intermediate-to-heeler body type. Good-looking dog! She looks about ACD-sized to me from the picture.

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
I don't see rottie at all. I was thinking german pinscher.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
I would have no trouble believing Rottie X Heeler, looks like exactly that to me lol

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks so much for the replies! I know, it's been a while, sorry about that. She's just so small compared to when I think Rottie. She's put on some weight and weighs 32lbs now. I guess I'll just keep telling people she's rottie/heeler! Thanks again for the replies!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts