Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We get funny guesses every day. I keep meaning to do a DNA test just for kicks, but at the same time, I like to hear guesses.

She stands 15 inches at the shoulders, and has a super long body, giant ears, and a droopy face. We thought basset, but I see a lot of beagles lately and her facial features resemble them.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
Smalls is killin' me! (Cookies for those who get that xD!)

I'd say Basset x Lab personally...it's either Basset, Dachshund, or Corgi x Lab, LOL

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Smalls is killin' me! (Cookies for those who get that xD!)

I'd say Basset x Lab personally...it's either Basset, Dachshund, or Corgi x Lab, LOL
Named cutely for the reference.. was cute until she gave me a reason to yell it every few minutes. :p

We just say Basset and Lab, but man, I see something else in her physically and behaviorally every day! When she trees something in the yard, she points! Tail out straight, one paw lifted.

I forgot to mention she normally weighs about 55-60 lbs.

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
*ROFL!* I can just picture her digging through the trash or under the fence with you yelling "You're killin' me Smalls!!"

·
Registered
246 Posts
Dachshund or Basset, mixed with a Lab.

By the look of the paws, I'm going with Dachshund.

Are you sure?

Yes, Regis. Final answer Dachshund.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
*ROFL!* I can just picture her digging through the trash or under the fence with you yelling "You're killin' me Smalls!!"
lmao, you have NO idea! Every time we caught her in the cat box, chewing something she shouldn't have, etc when she was a puppy I'd yell it, and within about a week my boyfriend banned me from yelling it more than twice a day. :p

Dachshund or Basset, mixed with a Lab.

By the look of the paws, I'm going with Dachshund.

Are you sure?

Yes, Regis. Final answer Dachshund.
We told people she was a Dachshund mix when she was a puppy, she started out at 5 lbs and stayed at 15 lbs for a long time, and then seemingly hit a puppy growth spurt at 6 months and now she's 60 lbs.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Awww her nails are purple..Ruby's are pink well they are supposed to be but with black nails it looks more like purpley pink lol.

At first glance I wanted to say corgi/lab mix, but she does have some big droppy ears which are not corgi nor lab. her eyes scream basset to me, they just have a basset look to them, also they way she holds her lips seem basset to me.

Whatever she may be, it doesn't matter, all that matter is that she is cute and yep she sure is.

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Awww her nails are purple..Ruby's are pink well they are supposed to be but with black nails it looks more like purpley pink lol.

At first glance I wanted to say corgi/lab mix, but she does have some big droppy ears which are not corgi nor lab. her eyes scream basset to me, they just have a basset look to them, also they way she holds her lips seem basset to me.

Whatever she may be, it doesn't matter, all that matter is that she is cute and yep she sure is.
There was a dog parade for our local rescue, and she doesn't mind, so I threw some polish at the salon on her. People thought it was hilarious.

I guess we'll have to DNA her and see what we can find out from that. I love her big dumb droopy face just the same!

·
Registered
13,066 Posts
THe Sandlot....what a great movie LOL Those were the days....

Playing baseball in the backyard, kissing girls at pools after pretending you were drowning.....stealing chewing tobacco and throwing up at the fair....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts