Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many of you have done background checks on your vets? Do you really check their credentials? and if so, is that the deciding factor?

What's your story?

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
My vets background check consists of my mom having been taking her dogs to him for over 30 years without problems. (He's about 55 years old now)

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My vets background check consists of my mom having been taking her dogs to him for over 30 years without problems. (He's about 55 years old now)
that's a good background check :D
whenever you get a chance, you should google the Vet's name and see what else you can find.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
I check periodically to see if my vet has gotten any formal complaints and check out any reviews online. I've been going to her for awhile now, 6 years or more, and have never had any problems.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I know the older vet is a graduate of K-State and has just been honored there recently as that was online in their alumni news. We have also seen his son as well who I know also graduated from Kansas State. They have good reviews online in a couple of places also. Most importantly I like the office. They are an office where the vets do all the work - no vet techs that I have dealt with at all. The vets even work up your bills and take your payment.

·
Registered
1,914 Posts
My entire family has been going to our vet for upwards of 40 years now, he's now in his 70's and he's still at it. He really loves what he does and has a deep love for animals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts