Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having a hard time seeing the dachshund in Joey...and I'm also having a hard time seeing all of the min pin. From these pictures...can you tell better than I what he is?

Yea...slow day here in Comayagua Honduras (Air Force "deployment")

Thanks in advance...and I will probably frequent this site more often now that I've found it. Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Thank you trump and k9...he is a cute fellow. Adopted from SNIPSA (spray, neuter, inject, protect of San Antonio) after I returned from Iraq in '07,

He is too tall and his snout is too short. The only thing I see that resembles a Dach is the body being kind of long. Comparing him to the below dach (from wikipedia)...I dunno. I've also never seen a min pin in real life.

And wow...you all seeing it right off the bat. My bud has two dach's and granted...they were the smaller dach breeds....but man...they were looong, short and had long snouts.

Think I do need glasses. :D

Oh...and thanks for at least verifying that he is a Doxie-Pin so when people ask I don't have to look at them stupidly.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,053 Posts
I have two min pins and yeah it definitely looks like there's pin in there. There's two pins in my sig plus a TON of pics on webshots of my guys if you want to see more minpin pics. Glad he found a good home with you :)

Maybe it could be a bit Corgi as well? I don't know...

·
Registered
9,129 Posts
mixed breeds don't nessisarily get pieces parts from each parent insted they usually get an inbetween of all the traits. although this isn't always so.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I have two min pins and yeah it definitely looks like there's pin in there. There's two pins in my sig plus a TON of pics on webshots of my guys if you want to see more minpin pics. Glad he found a good home with you :)

Maybe it could be a bit Corgi as well? I don't know...
I was looking at your site...you have some cute cats and dogs. Are they all yours? Never heard of a Corgi...but after looking on the web I can see it a bit in the face. I guess I'll be sticking with the Doxie-Pin.

I posted some more pictures of him in the Dog Pictures area.

Thanks again everyone. :)

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
His face and feet look like a min pin, his body like a dachshund. He kinda looks like a shorter, longer min pin to me . . which would be the dachshund influence:)

·
Registered
10,528 Posts
Thank you trump and k9...he is a cute fellow. Adopted from SNIPSA (spray, neuter, inject, protect of San Antonio) after I returned from Iraq in '07,

He is too tall and his snout is too short. The only thing I see that resembles a Dach is the body being kind of long. Comparing him to the below dach (from wikipedia)...I dunno. I've also never seen a min pin in real life.

And wow...you all seeing it right off the bat. My bud has two dach's and granted...they were the smaller dach breeds....but man...they were looong, short and had long snouts.

Think I do need glasses. :D

Oh...and thanks for at least verifying that he is a Doxie-Pin so when people ask I don't have to look at them stupidly.
No, I don't see Min Pin from that angle at all. Doxies with the black-tan markings are pretty common. That head is ALL Doxie as is the body and neck structure.

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
LOL csh, that's because the OP was comparing her dog (pictured in the first post) with the Dachshund she found on Wikipedia (pictured in the later post you replied to). I can definitely see both Doxie and Min Pin traits in the OP's dog in the first post.

·
Registered
3,804 Posts
At first I read it and was like how does she see all doxy in the head . . . then I realized which pic you were referring too:)

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Haha, looks like a genuine Doxie-Pin to me. Lol. I see both plainly.
ITA However, that one pic on the left looks like a little Corgi mixed in too. LOL

Whatever he is, he is very cute.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LOL csh, that's because the OP was comparing her dog (pictured in the first post) with the Dachshund she found on Wikipedia (pictured in the later post you replied to). I can definitely see both Doxie and Min Pin traits in the OP's dog in the first post.
I'm a he. :p

So...what would you call a Doxie-Pin w/ Corgi

I've heard that Joey has gotten fatter since I left him. When I get back to the states this Friday...what would you all recommend I do to get him into shape. Apparently, he has been eating a lot of my friends Basset and Beagles dog food. Unfortunately for him, I will be living in an apartment so he stays in doors while I'm at work...however I will have three weeks at home to whip him into shape.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
So I have a Doxchihcorgpin? :eek: Poor Joey...going to keep that information from him...and just tell him that he is a Doxie-Pin.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.