Votes: 5 38.5%
  • Your dog is an IDIOT

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
21 - 22 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,193 Posts
My two love laser pointers. Haven't tried it on my pup yet.

My shy dog adores it totally. I maybe use the laser once every month or two just for fun. I combine it with a new trick. I use the light as a reinforcer. She learned "roll over" on a hand cue in a single session. The laser is a powerful reinforcer for her! She will obsess, so I have to be mindful about usage.

My bold dog LOVES the laser pointer. However, he goes right to the source to get at the light. He will RIP YOUR ARM OFF to get to the "dot" which is clearly in the aparatus!!! No laser play for him. Not worth the training it would take to teach him to be reasonable and safe around it. The laser brings out his inner moron!

I think lasers are very, very, very bad. But so is booze, caffeine, and chocolate. I am just a weak person.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
my orange dogs dont notice at all. my BCs, look at the light, follow it for half a second, then look up at the pointer itself and stand there staring at it like "well? you gonna throw it?"
Lmao.

I haven't tried with Kaki or Kennedy. I'm guessing that Kaki wouldn't notice. If she did, she'd probably ignore it. Kennedy could probably get down on some laser chasing though.

21 - 22 of 22 Posts