Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone
I recently adopted a pup from Mexico, not really concerned with what breed he is, love him to bits no matter what. People who see him keep guessing his breed “Oh is he a ________”. Been hearing a variety of different guesses, I think he’s Maltese and Poodle (so did the rescue), however I’ve been asked if he’s a Bichon/poodle and even if he’s purebred Bichon. Just curious what others might think he is. I know it might be nearly impossible to tell since both Maltese and Bichons have spaniel and poodle origin in them.
Cuddles is 6 months old, just under 10lbs, has lots of hair but is pretty slim underneath it all, although he is long and carry’s a little girth around his middle. His face is very slim like a poodle, and a very small skull, also like a poodle and tiny little skinny legs. His hair is very soft and goes curly like a poodle, but will straighten with brushing, mostly white with light tan on his ears and throughout his coat (only really shows when it’s wet). I’ll attach a few pictures to help you with the guessing.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
I strongly agree with MalteseXPoodle.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your input!

I think I get so many different guesses since I keep his coat so long, not shaving this lil guy down!

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
He reminds me of my mom's bichon a lot- really cute!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts