Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We just adopted a 3 yr old spaniel mix from the humane society yesterday (spayed on 12/10) and just today while petting her I found a bald patch on her left cheek. It is my understanding that she was surrendered due to the previous owner's dogs not getting along and I did find a little tear in her left ear and with small yellow scabbing healing around it as well. She hasn't been itching either place or anything.

I was going to give her a bath tonight so I wanted to buy the proper shampoo if a specific kind is needed for this issue.

She does have a new pet appt next Wed.

Any help would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
11,253 Posts
It could just be a healing scrape or insect bite, but since she just came out of a shelter, one concern would be ringworm. Which isn't serious but since its contagious to humans, its something you'd want to take care of.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
That looks like flea dirt in her fur on the edges of the bald patch. Flea dermatitis could explain the bald patch. But I'd definitely ask about ringworm (not actually a worm), that's no fun.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'll be sure to ask about ringworm.

Haven't seen any fleas or bugs on her, just random spots with tiny yellow scabs (as if almost healed) hidden in her face fur.

I purchased a medicated shampoo for her called Furrever devoted, medicated. I never see her itch, just has those spots.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts