Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Echo's a cairn terrier and he's about 14 pounds. He's healthy and is in good shape as well. He's almost an year old as well, and since we had to buy new food the person there told me I could use adult food now. I'm currently on Wellness, and I switched from Puppy to Wellness Super5Mix Chicken.

I was feeding Echo 3 times a day (1/4 a cup) which is 3/4 cup a day.

On the new package, it states that for Echo's size I should be feeding 1/4-1 cup a day...

I am wondering, should I change to 2 meals a day now or should I stick with three? And if so should I stay with the 1/4 cup measure? Also, is Super5Mix chicken the best kind out of the three (i think there was fish and lamb as well) Thanks a lot!!

·
Registered
509 Posts
Hi...I would switch to twice a day ....Wellness is a good food ...you can rotate flavors so he won't get bored....:)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So all the flavors are the same? because i looked on a dog food review site and ... the fish one wasn't as good. idk.
I still don't know how much I should feed each meal though and the total.

I'm feeding 3/4 a cup of PUPPY FOOD every day, and I'll be feeding like the same amount with adult...?

·
Registered
509 Posts
I would feed him 1/2 Cup in the morning and 1/2 Cup at night ....and maybe add a little boiled chicken or beef with the nighttime kibble.

All the flavors aren't the same....but they have the basic same ingredients, just some different veggies & proteins.;)

I don't use Wellness ....I feed my guy Blue Buffalo -- but I rotate between the Chicken, Lamb & Fish.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
Check the back of the bags. I think the supermix chicken is about 407 kcal a cup and just for puppy food is 450 kcal a cup if that is the one you fed. Remember to go slow on switching him to 2 meals so his tummy gets used to the extra food. At 3/4 cup of puppy food you were feeding 337 calories a day. That would be .82 cups of supermix chicken. Not much more but a bit more. Only an estimate, feed to your pup's condition nothing else matters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts