Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My wife and I have three dogs, Jane (15 month Black Lab/Rott mix), Pip (9 month Yellow Lab), and Nani (4 month Shih-tzu).

For any of you who have read my posts before, Jane has become quite the fence jumper, but she only jumps/climbs next to the gate where the fence has the very thick posts and is very sturdy. We've tried nets, wire, various chicken wire combination.

Last night I reached the pique of my creativity and craftsmanship with what I call Jurassic Park: Home Edition. This solution is guaranteed to keep doggies in and Tyrannosaurus Rex out.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"Necessity is the motherhood of invention." Sadly that works both ways.

I can hear them laughing now. We arrived home after work and the dogs were chained up in the backyard (a sign that they escaped and our good neighbor intervened). My wife unhooked them, then left them in the backyard and she took a walk in the front yard (bait for an escape artist). The dogs simply jumped into the neighbors yard and then into the front yard over the neighbor's gate.

So we're back to square one.

I did more research this morning and read about a "roll bar" which is basically steel cable strung through PVC pipe atop the fence. Anyone tried this?

Forget the Basenji

·
Registered
1,713 Posts
Crating the dogs or keeping them in a puppy proofed room in your home when you cannot supervise them outside would work, too.

·
Registered
538 Posts
How about an outside kennel with a roof? Wen I worked at a humane society, they had three cage type looking dog runs. Only one of thm had a roof and we put the "escape artists" in that one. Never had an escapee and the dogs still got the outside feel ....grass under their paws, wind in their fur type feeling :) Or maybe you need to get the brontesaurous cage next?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts