Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So, it's been a couple days since we adopted Juno, and a lot has happened, she's now been to the vet (shots and microchip). I weighed her when I first got her, she was 59lbs, which was Wednesday, on Saturday she was down to 54lbs. I'm guessing the culmination of stress, better food, and lots of play with Oakley all contributed to that. Also, we gave her a bath Saturday night as she messed her crate... and boy, did she stink.

On to the pics.

in case you were wondering... Oakley is the one on top.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And here's one of Oakley (a.k.a. the jealous one) for good measure...

...as well as a video of them playing in the backyard.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
They are so incredibly cute together!! Looks like they are getting along beautifully too. I love seeing pics of them. :D Juno is positively adorable - love that face!

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Aw, it looks like they are getting along so well! That's wonderful! Thanks for the update. (And we definitely want more.)

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I love to see people adding new dogs to their family, and the new dog settling in so well. Can't wait to add a second to ours. ;)

·
Registered
343 Posts
Are they the same kind of dog?

Oakley looks like he has some sight hound in him, and some sheherd for good measure. He's very elegant.

Juno looks like a chinook mix, but those aren' too common. Beautiful dogs.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
they are both beautiful dogs. Juno's paws look sooo huge in that second pic
lol, that's optics and depth of field for you, her front paws were VERY close to the camera. However, they are quite big, as big as Oakley's I'd say, which makes me wonder if the vet's guess is correct. He guesses Oakley to max out around 75lbs and Juno around 60lbs.

Oakley is currently 66lbs ang gaining, Juno 54lbs and dropping for alittle while anyway until we work out her food needs.

Are they the same kind of dog?

Oakley looks like he has some sight hound in him, and some shepherd for good measure. He's very elegant.

Juno looks like a chinook mix, but those aren' too common. Beautiful dogs.
I'm guessing they are litter mates, as they are roughly the same age, however Juno could be a bit younger. I mean, the odds of 2 mutts looking that much alike and almost the same age, or the same age. In a town with a population of 105,000.

When people ask me what they are, I say mutt... and refer to Oakley as a Shepherd/Lab/Husky Mix. With Juno, I say Husky/Lab/Shepherd mix, simply for the fact that I'm assuming they are litter mates, I really don't see any shepherd in her. However, between the two dogs there are many similarities. While watching them play today, I saw facial features that I distinctly know in Oakley, bone structure, and the way the skin flows over it. Their teeth are very similar, same number, same layout of large and small, however Juno's are slightly shorter. They both have the same 'cowlick' on their butt, and they both seem to have a sort of 'mane' that is similar, where the course hair blends with the finer fur. While brushing them, the hair I remove from the brush looks identical (to the naked eye at least). Their temperments are near mimics of eachother, however Juno is more of a cuddle bug, and Oakley is 'somewhat' more independant, although he is definetely a big whiner when I leave or he sees me outside but can't be with me.

This last thing could just be her learning from him, but on more then one occasion they have eliminated in synchronization. Makes my schedule a whole lot easier.

Now if only Oakley would lose some of the jealousy, always takes toys from her, as if thinking she'll go away if she has nothing to play with. However, he will bring her toys, only to steal them away when she appears interested in them. Weird dog I tell you.

As for Oakley being 'elegant', he make look it, but he's a big clutz, lol.... but I do look at him as being the stereotypical dog. When I think of a dog, Oakley is what has always come to my mind, so I guess I couldn't have found a better match at the pound.

·
Registered
9,710 Posts
Probably could, but it would probably cost more then I'm interested in spending...

Pariah-y? I'm not sure what you mean.
pariah is a kind of dog. they usually have erect ears, yellow coats, medium sized and are vaguely shepherd and/or sighthound like in build.

if you take a random crossection of individuals from various dog breeds and just let'm breed willy nilly, you always come back to the pariah type.

there is a breed of dog, the Carolina Dog that is just that, a pariah breed.

they are both kewties btw

1 - 12 of 12 Posts