Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi newbie here.... I have a Norfolk terrier x jack russell lovely dog now reaching 7 very active but as of late after walks /runs on his part he is becoming very stiff on his back end.... I've been looking at supliments ie cod liver oil and glucosamine... Anyone recommend any products.... Or dosages?
Thanx in advance....

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
A vet check is a good idea. In general, a fish oil supplement (Give half a people dose), and a Glucosamine/Chondroitin/MSM supplement is beneficial to aging dogs for joint lubrication. Diabetic dogs shouldn't have the Glu/Chon/MSM. So if your dog has medical problems check with your vet.

There are also certain diseases, like Lyme disease that can show up as stiffness, so do get a vet check. It's also a good idea to get a yearly blood workup on older dogs so you can catch problems early.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
After the vet check, glucosamine works wonders- if it's the joints. I use human grade, the same stuff I take. it's doing more for kabota than me, I'll tell you that. Look up the dosages online. I give kabota 1/4 of what I take.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts