Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Miniature dachshund (almost 12 mos) was just neutered. He was cryptorchid - meaning one testicle did not descend normally - so his surgery was more invasive. Surgery was 3 days ago and I was joking today that maybe he has brain damage. But really, he doesn't quite seem like himself. He often just stands in one place for long periods of time and stares into space. Sometimes he will halfway lay down, hindquarters on the floor, stomach up off the floor, nose on the floor, and sleep. He has been on pain meds until this afternoon and is also on antibiotics. Waiting to see if he was just messed up from the meds but has anyone else's dog reacted this way? He does show glimmers of his old, stubborn self and has short bursts of energy but has mostly been lying around like he is stoned or depressed. HE still looves going for walks. He is not very interested in his usual food but wolfs down cheese and raw meat when I offer it. Any thoughts? Thinking he just needs some time but any experience you all have would be appreciated.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Sassafras. He was taking tramadol, an opioid. After you brought that up I googled and read that some of the side effects can match what I've been seeing. BTW I'm from Minnesota originally - great place!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts