Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
And we had FUN.

We spent about three hours in down town San Antonio, wandering up and down the river-walk and street side. Jetta did very well, not perfect, serious working dog good but pretty damn good for a barely over a year old puppy. Probably an 8 out of 10. And of course I HAD to get pictures!

This was our starting point, the 'little village'. It's a very cute little place filled with small local artist shops and a store that sells 'scent chips' and if you've never heard of 'scent chips' they are awesome little ju-ju be looking things that are filled with some of the BEST smells you can imagen. Right there, attached to the store is the factory that makes them, soooo the air was FILLED with gardenia. Turns out Jetta likes a scent so well (I think it was the 'Christmas Cheer') that she decided sniffing wasn't enough and that the chips needed an oral examination as well. Lucky for me she only got a lick in, but if she HAD happened to eat one they're non-toxic anyway...she'd just be crappin out x-mas for a while. Here she is sitting on the side of an empty (empty of water that is) water fountian.

This is us (or rather her) sitting outside the shop she COULD have gone into had the shop keep not had a cat that would have disemboweled her on sight. She didn't seem to up set by it though, just enjoyed sitting outside while our company looked around a bit.

After visiting the shops for awhile we headed down onto the river-walk to meander through the crowds and find somebody to take pitty on a poor lil' therapy dog and giver her some water. Jetta looks so spiffy wearing her Therapy Dog in Training bandana, and it attracted a LOT of attention...half of it unwanted. I think I explained the difference between a 'therapy dog' and a 'service dog' to 10+ people who where only kinda listening as they pet my dog.

But not to worry people! Jetta did find fountians WITH water in them. (Texas isn't as dry as you might think!) After walking for about an hour and a half we decided to get Jetta used to the river taxis passing by, which didn't take long because she didn't really care about them one way or the other. But while we where down there getting her used to things we decided to walk her around ON said river taxi (a time where being mistaken for a service dog wasn't SUCH a bad thing) before any passengers got on and got her used to the rocking and the rolling which she did a little LESS well at.

And of course the favorite part of HER day was getting to relax inside the visitor's center while mom and granny stopped to use the bathroom. The people there kinda ignored her as she sat and 'down/stay'ed out of the way by the window while we waited, at least they didn't run around screaming.

Now this was MY favorite part of the day. I know that pets aren't allowed INSIDE of the Alamo but I had to see, maybe just maybe, if you she was allowed around the grounds. This is how it went:

Me:Exuse me, I was wondering if we could bring her *points to dog* onto the grounds, I know not IN the building but you know....*gestures around*

Ranger:Is she a service dog?

Me:Weeeell....she's a -therapy- dog in training.....*mumbles*

Ranger:Well, that's all I needed to hear! If anyone asks, she's a service dog. *wink* Have a fun time pup.

SERIOUSLY he was sweet AND super cute ;)

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

Waiting patiently while I explained what Jetta did for a 'living' was quiet boring for her, even with grandma sitting right there. She REALLY wanted to go say high to the kiddos but mommy had her in a stay...evil mommy!

And of course a picture on the log...boat...thing.....because I COULD :p

Can you tell she's expectant, mom was dropping her bits of treat while she maintaned a down stay so we could eat. She did SUPER well, only got up once when a person whistled. She even stayed down when a duck jumped up (out of the river) and decided to steal the bits of chip from the ground beside her. She just kinda stared at it like it was stupid..."Dude...where your vocal cords clipped...seriously!" The only problem we had is that out waiter appeared to be TERRIFIED of Jetta. He gave her a wiiiiide birth and refused to look at her. It got a bit better after we tipped him over 30% of the bill for putting up with her.

After fooding (Yes it IS a word) we went shopping a bit more and Jetta was VERY attracted to a little novelty shop and after looking around....I had the most AMAZING IDEA EVER!! FIESTA PITBULL!!!! Come on! Isn't that CUTE!! Who could be afraid of THAAAT! Come on!

This is admittedly a weird picture...I'm not sure what she was doing but this is a reaction to some wind spinners across the street...I think her mind is working twenty million miles an hour trying to determine if she should bark at them, ignore them or try to eat them.

We ended our journey at the little park down the way, just a piecefull place where we could feed duck and have a smoke. And where Jetta could jump into the shallow part of the river, try to mimic said ducks (becuase there MUST be something good under that water! Seriously....she watched a duck for a second...and then the whole head went under) and then run around the fire pits and dirt after becoming soaking wet. Yay mommy gets to clean her car!! (Picture taken BEFORE the chaos)

And a SUPER special bonus feature! Jetta 'Down/stay'ing from a ways off. Coupled with whistle call.

And another one of her in a book store.

·
Registered
46 Posts
It looks like she had so much fun!!! Are you training her to be a therapy dog or a service dog? I plan on training my pup to be a service animal for me, I have PTSD, so I just need her to do some basic tasks but am not sure where/when to start.

·
Registered
13,074 Posts
It looked like a wonderful time! I really like the "Fiesta Pit Bull" pose! Adorable! :)

·
Registered
20,766 Posts
Are her nails painted, or are those Soft Claws? Either way, who could resist a pretty lady with bright red nails. . .:D. Looks like she had fun.

·
Registered
533 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are her nails painted, or are those Soft Claws? Either way, who could resist a pretty lady with bright red nails. . .:D. Looks like she had fun.
It's nail polish, I don't like soft paws. I'm not agianst people using them but it's just not my thing.

And thank you, it's suprising how many more people will approach her when she's wearing nail polish then when she isn't

1 - 11 of 11 Posts