Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My sister is considering getting a Japanese Chin. She's done some research on them, but was curious (to any Chin owners out there), if this breed is considered a 'yappy' (excessively barking) breed?

The dog would not be left alone for long periods of time, just wondering what other ppl's experiences have been...

( She would like to dog to have some general awareness to bark if something is strange or out of the ordinary, just not constant barking at every little thing).

I know each individual dog varies, just would like to hear some opinions from any present or former Chin owners out there. would appreciate it!

thanks for reading!

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
Do not own a chin, but have been around them. The ones I have been around have been fairly silent, not like some other toy breeds.

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
I've had the same experience as ChaosIsAWeim. The Chins I've met have been gentle, playful/friendly and pretty quiet.

·
Registered
96 Posts
I have never owned one, but LOVE Chins!!! I agree that I have yet to meet a yappy one. I think Chins and Papillons would tie for my favorite toy breeds (don't tell my Pom that though). ;)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts