Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My brother had this dog for a couple of years. My brother lived with a bunch of other guys and Jack went off with another room mate when they dispersed.

Jack was very territorial and protective of my brother and my mom. that meant he didnt like me or my dad from time to time...and he sat on furniture, often taking my dad's seat and then growling at him if he came close. Not very well socialized/trained. Typical college boys.

You'll see his leg is broken in these pictures. He was playing with another dog at the other dog's house and fell off their porch or something.

The lion he's with was his toy at our house. He used to be very scared of it as a puppy. When he realized it wasnt going to hurt him, he'd play mommy with it. If you were to shake the lion and make it "roar" Jack would play roughly with it.
http://s615.photobucket.com/albums/tt234/silvernpink_butterflies/jackson/

·
Registered
374 Posts
I always get a vicarious thrill out of others' tollers. I love red animals with white: cows, pigs, dogs, cats, horses, goats but I've never had one. Something to look forward to.

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
I think the links thing pertains to things like advertising, but I'm not 100% sure.. I've seen lots of links posted around here though.. and the only ones that seem to be frowned upon are the 'Buy my S***!" ones..

If you've got them on photobucket, photobucket has image links that come out with little img tags next to it so your pictures will display right here.. They are directly underneath the image when you view it in your album on photobucket.

·
Banned
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, but I have so many pictures, not of Jackson so much as I do my own dog who has her own picture post. I was planning on searching posts for answers to my questions and then posting questions I still have.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
My brother had this dog for a couple of years. My brother lived with a bunch of other guys and Jack went off with another room mate when they dispersed.

Jack was very territorial and protective of my brother and my mom. that meant he didnt like me or my dad from time to time...and he sat on furniture, often taking my dad's seat and then growling at him if he came close. Not very well socialized/trained. Typical college boys.

You'll see his leg is broken in these pictures. He was playing with another dog at the other dog's house and fell off their porch or something.

The lion he's with was his toy at our house. He used to be very scared of it as a puppy. When he realized it wasnt going to hurt him, he'd play mommy with it. If you were to shake the lion and make it "roar" Jack would play roughly with it.
EDIT: I just saw in the rules I cannot post links, so I'll get the pictures up soon another way.
read the picture posting thread at the top of the new threads page!

·
Banned
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks. I'm quite aware of how to post pictures and links, I just saw the post that said don't post links and just didnt know if it applied to picture links. I'll reedit it to show link.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Thanks. I'm quite aware of how to post pictures and links, I just saw the post that said don't post links and just didnt know if it applied to picture links. I'll reedit it to show link.
Just out of curiosity, why don't you just post pictures on a thread instead of posting a link to the pictures?

·
Registered
55 Posts

EDIT: I just saw in the rules I cannot post links, so I'll get the pictures up soon another way.
We've had two Tollers that fit Jackson's descriptions to a T and they were brother and sister. We did not breed them though. Beacon was a large male that had a great hatred for me for some reason. We got him when he was about 3 so we're not sure what happened to him. Fairie on the other hand, was a fear biter. She went after our youngest son many times even if it was uncalled for. She wore a muzzle most of the time. Unfortunately, Beacon suffered a heart attack and Fairie was hit by a car. None of our other Tollers have ever had those behaviors.

·
Banned
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Just out of curiosity, why don't you just post pictures on a thread instead of posting a link to the pictures?
Because it's easier to post just one link rather than links for each picture. It also takes up less space in the posts to post a link rather than the picture. There's a 4 picture per post limit and I have more than 4 pictures

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Because it's easier to post just one link rather than links for each picture. It also takes up less space in the posts to post a link rather than the picture. There's a 4 picture per post limit and I have more than 4 pictures
We all have hundreds of pet pics on places like photobucket etc. but you can reply to your own thread as many times as you like with 4 pics in each. i have posted 12 pics on several threads. Unless you want us all to see every pic you have in 1 shot but then what would you do after that ?;)

·
Banned
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I dont have any problems with having people see them all at once. There's so many that I dont think people would want to, anyway, but just having the option of doing that. I think it's a matter of preference, neither way is right or wrong. When I only have a couple of pictures, I choose to post them directly, when I have several, I choose to post in a link. I think it's rather irrelevant how I chose to post my pictures. I was only trying to follow the forum rules which is why I initially took the link down.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
Didn't realize it was a touchy subject. I was just trying to help! Sorry.

·
Banned
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's not touchy, I just don't get why my method is being questioned because it's not wrong, it's just a preference. I get defensive because my mom always gets after me for doing things differently, not wrong but different.

·
Registered
2,364 Posts
It's not touchy, I just don't get why my method is being questioned because it's not wrong, it's just a preference. I get defensive because my mom always gets after me for doing things differently, not wrong but different.
Your right. You do how you see fit. Your dog is very pretty which is the reason you are here in the first place so post how you may as long as your dogs pic's add to our forums diversity is all that matters! Have a good night!

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
'Cuz some of us are too lazy to click on the links! :D

ETA: OK, so I overcame my laziness and clicked....he's cute! Is he purebred Toller or a mix?

·
Banned
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Actually bello looks like Maddie. i am getting your 2 threads confused. what kind of dog is maddie?
I was answering Willowy's question on whether or not Jack is a purebred.

Got your question in the Maddie post-unless you deleted it here and reposted there, I didnt see anything in this post about the dogs breed here-but she's a lab/pit (possibly more) mix.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts