Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
5,074 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today at lunch I took a walk with the dogs like I normally do & I came back, put Jo in her pen & left Izze out while I smoked a cig & then went to the restroom (a port-a-potty across the path, as we are waiting for a part for the toilet of our house) I heard a couple of large trucks go by & Jo barking off to the right, when I came out of the restroom, Izze came running back to me with two deep lacerations, one on her back/side area & one across her knee. She also has nerve damage in her back (she had a pre-existing condition that I was aware of that has now been exacerbated) & a slight hip fracture. I asked if a vechile could have done this & he doesn't think so, the cuts were very clean, almost like someone did it with a knife or mechette. There is no evidence of vechilular impact. He said that it had to be serious blunt force trauma of some kind.

With that said, he doesn't know for sure if she will ever regain full use of her legs in a functional way that will allow her to live a quality life. He wants to wait 6 wks & then access where she is, if she isn't any better then there is surgery but he can't guarantee that it will work & then I have to think if I should put her thru any more pain or not but it's too soon to tell now.

·
Registered
2,409 Posts
Oh no!!! I'm so sorry about poor Izze D:!!!! (((Hugs)))!!!

It is terrible that someone could do such a thing :*(

i'm so sorry :( Prayers for her and you!

·
Registered
511 Posts
I am so sorry. That is just horrible especially to think someone attacked her like that. Will keep you both in my thoughts and hope she gets better.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Prayers and Good thoughts headed for you and Izze-- from both Sadie and me--:grouphug:

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm so sorry to hear that :(

My childhood dog ran headlong into the steps when she was about 12. She was ok at first, then by the next morning was paralyzed. The vet wanted to put her down. I begged my Mom to bring her home and give her a chance. I was out there holding her up in the snow to pee...I also taught her to roll over :p Eventually, she regained full use of her legs....and had learned a new trick :p I hope Izze has such a recovery :)

·
Registered
13,081 Posts
Oh ... I am so sorry about Izze ... my thoughts and prayers are with all of you.

·
Registered
497 Posts
oh no, i am so sorry to hear about izze :( it just broke my heart, me and my family are keeping are prayers and thought with you all. Please keep us updated. internet hugs arent much but ((hugs))

·
Registered
5,615 Posts
Oh, I'm so sorry to hear Izze is hurt! Sending good thoughts for a good recovery...you never know!

·
Registered
1,536 Posts
My good thoughts are with Izze.

It makes me very sad to here that, Izze is one of my favorite dogs to hear about on here. :(

Hope she gets much better very fast.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
Our prayers are with Izze and you! Please keep us posted on her recovery. (((HUGS)))

·
Registered
1,198 Posts
That is a terrible thing to happen. I'm praying for Izze, and for you.

1 - 20 of 185 Posts