Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today I just got back from helping my mother take her 120 pound bloodhound dog Sadie for shots, then I helped her apply flea medicine on Tinkerbelle and Spock, the golden retrievers and Sadie and George, the bloodhounds. Now Baggins needs to get his shots and I am about to leave to get his done. Berney is getting shaved today by me, a real pain and tomarow Berney is getting neutered. At 7 am and I pick him up at 3 pm. I have to get Berney fixed because he attacks Pickle and Baggins. :(

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Wow, you have been busy!! The day is almost over, for me... If you consider 5:30 as the day almost over. lol!

Once a month, Donatello gets flea&ticked, de-wormed, and every other month I heart-worm him... I hate having to go through all that medicine crap, I really do... But if it's what vets suggest, then shall it be so...

After three, to four days I bathe Donatello- The flea&tick medicine has a strong Citrus smell to it that can last for weeks... So I bathe him with a mild flea&tick, Oatmeal shampoo... Then sometimes he gets a second bath near the end of month if he's been romping outside a lot... Then I just use a mild Baby shampoo and Mane&Tale conditioner. He's free of fleas and ticks, that's for damn sure! lol!

I know how it can feel overwhelming, lol! I also have a Hermit-Crab tank, and two other fish tanks, so usually the day I medicate Donatello I clean the tanks as well to get it over with... *sigh*, I went through all that crap last week! lol!

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Getting Berney neutered may not solve the problem... but good luck!
I am mostly doing it for health reasons. He pretty much never attacks them anymore, but, he did attack Frodo the other day, I stopped him and told him no and all that. That was just a month ago.

Wow, you have been busy!! The day is almost over, for me... If you consider 5:30 as the day almost over. lol!

Once a month, Donatello gets flea&ticked, de-wormed, and every other month I heart-worm him... I hate having to go through all that medicine crap, I really do... But if it's what vets suggest, then shall it be so...

After three, to four days I bathe Donatello- The flea&tick medicine has a strong Citrus smell to it that can last for weeks... So I bathe him with a mild flea&tick, Oatmeal shampoo... Then sometimes he gets a second bath near the end of month if he's been romping outside a lot... Then I just use a mild Baby shampoo and Mane&Tale conditioner. He's free of fleas and ticks, that's for damn sure! lol!

I know how it can feel overwhelming, lol! I also have a Hermit-Crab tank, and two other fish tanks, so usually the day I medicate Donatello I clean the tanks as well to get it over with... *sigh*, I went through all that crap last week! lol!
I have a goldfish pond and a guinea pig I have to keep up with too.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts