Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.petfinder.com/petnote/displaypet.cgi?petid=13462113

These pictures really do him no justice - he is the cutest little dog I've ever seen. :)

The director of the rescue agency called me yesterday confirming that our application was approved (I wasn't really worried, but now it's official). I called his foster home last night and the gentleman has agreed to bring him over tomorrow and as long as we don't have any issues w/ Toby (they got along fine when they previously met) he will stay!! :D

I can't wait. I've only met him for about 20 mins. but he has a great temperment. Just a sweetheart. I'm sure he's going to make a great addition to our family.

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
he looks more like a Staffordshire Bull Terrier than anything else..at least in the photos. he's a doll!
That's the first thing I said when I saw him in person. He's a bit on the small side (only about 30 lbs at around 6 mos. old). I've been researching the breeds (AST, SBT, APBT) for some more background and as usual, pretty muddy water there.

·
Registered
64 Posts
He is sooo cute! As a boxer owner, I don't see any boxer in him at all.....I'd say he's pretty much a Staffy.....and a cute one at that! Congrats on giving him a new home!

·
Registered
64 Posts
Yeah, I don't know where they got Boxer - I don't see any indication of that either.
Not accusing this place of doing this......but a lot of places will list a pitbull mix or a staffy mix as a boxer mix to help get it adopted because of the stereotypes of the pitbulls/staffies. Good for you for seeing past that and just loving him for who he is! :)

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, I kind of assumed that's what was going on here. I really don't care what breed he is.

Honestly, I have nothing but great things to say about this org. Obviously all rescue orgs are doing a good thing, but when we got Toby it was "Give us $XX and we give you dog". This place actually checked up on the references, called our vet, and wants to inspect our home before leaving him with us. They also go out of their way to inform you of everything they know about the dog - including the heart murmur of little fergus. Just good people!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts