Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Feelin bummed out because I rehomed my puppy today. Montana is a nine month old Akbash/Pyrenees mix and I don't think i'll ever meet another dog with his personality. He behaved almost more personlike than doglike. I feel alright about his new home although its going to be a big change going from a single owner/single dog to living with multiple dogs and chickens and a family of 3. Being a puppy he can make mistakes on which behaviors/reactions are appropriate to certain situations, but im confident that he will figure it out with time and good handling from his new masters. A few red flags showed up today which made us a little uneasy so were going to give it a week and see if he adjusts. Just a few thoughts i had to get off my chest. Feel free to comment.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I'm sorry you felt the need to re home Montana. Not knowing your circumstances I am not criticizing. I home Montana makes the necessary adjustments in her new home.

·
Registered
3,053 Posts
What do you mean by 'red flags'? The way he acted, or the way the people who adopted him acted? Sorry to hear he was rehomed - my parents had to rehome a GSD we had since he was born until about 6, because of a foreclosure and we couldn't take him with us, it wasn't easy. What were the reasons if I may ask?

·
Registered
5,931 Posts
Why did you have to rehome him? Red flags? Why let the people take him if there were red flags?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts