Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:pound::pound::pound::pound:

Sorry guys,couldnt resist! I know this is a dog forum but we came home from church yesterday to find my horse chillin.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Appaloosas are my favorite! I have an old guy now, 22, sorrell blanket app. Had a beautiful black/blue down near leopard with HUGE spots like yours. Of course she had the little scrub tail :)
Share more pics of him please

·
Registered
7,262 Posts
I thought it was a bad thing when horses lay down or is that a myth? :confused: (knows nothing about horses other than they're really big and kinda scary)

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
I thought it was a bad thing when horses lay down or is that a myth? :confused: (knows nothing about horses other than they're really big and kinda scary)
Not bad to lay down, they will a few times throughout the day. It's only bad for them to stay down long, since it puts too much pressure on intestines and lungs. You have probably heard its bad to lay down during colic, which now is controversial. With a twisted intestine its bad, but typical gas colic its not.

·
Registered
4,849 Posts
Aye, that's a myth. As cookieface said it can be bad if they are down for a looong time, but it's normal for them to lay down and rest.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Appaloosas are my favorite! I have an old guy now, 22, sorrell blanket app. Had a beautiful black/blue down near leopard with HUGE spots like yours. Of course she had the little scrub tail :)
Share more pics of him please
Thank you,he just had a Birthday and turned 15,I have more pics of him in the picture forum..somewhere,,I think its under my babies.Ace is a liver,leopard Appy:)

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
They can lay down to rest or sun,they just dont lay down for very long at a time,and yes each time one of ours goes down we ALWAYS go make sure they are ok.My guy is 15 and lays down more to rest his bones.He likes to sun.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts