Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. (New and Old members.)

For those of you that might remember an old face...

That's Donatello.

It's been a few years since I've been on here, and I'm much interested in catching up. Yesterday I received several emails from old threads I had been subscribed to, but since there have been a few exciting changes in my life I thought it couldn't hurt to sign back on to have a soundboard to bounce my excitement off of. :)

·
Registered
13,075 Posts
Hello and welcome back! :) Donatello is adorable ... as is your signature!

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well. I tried to think of how I would tell you guys everything without boring anyone, so I figured a numerical list would suffice. :)

1. This coming August, I will have been a mobile-pet groomer for 2 years, for a well known franchise, and to say with only confidence I'm doing quite well.
2. I have finally found love four years later, and our one-year anniversary is next month, he moved in with me last month. :)
3. This coming August I will have been successfully supporting myself and Donatello for a whole year. (Super proud of that one!)
4. We rescued a kitten last September, and that little "[email protected]$$" as we've nick-named her, is the close third in my universe. Her actual name is Jinkies. (Yes, I have pics.)

Most recently, last night we've brought home the newest addition to our family... His name is Amigo (Miggy), he's an 18 month old Chihuahua Pug-mix, (I think quite possibly a Chiweenie.) We found him two weeks ago on Petfinder through a rescue organization. The past two weeks we've thought heavily and talked heavily about adding to our family one last time. No adoption fee, neutered, and UTD on all shots........ He was rescued from Spanish backyard breeders that failed to socialize the little guy so he's incredibly timid, and the woman adopting him out said it would take weeks for him to open up to her and months to her husband, I've had him less than 24 hours and this little guy is already smitten with me.

Now, in more detail about Donatello if you're interested:

How is Donatello doing these days? Fantastic doesn't even begin to describe him. He's as much in love with my boyfriend as I am... I would put my life on Donatello walking through fire for him. My boyfriend, all on his own, taught Donatello a new trick. "Do you love Daddy?" *insert frenzied barking* lmao! I'm impressed, for as long as I've had Donatello I could never find anything he was excited enough about to teach him to bark! He has come out of his shell sooooooooo much! I hardly worry about him anymore, and I mean that in the sense I don't worry about what used to set him off...

Anyway, Donatello adjusted so well to our cat, surprisingly; He was confused at first and only once had to be corrected and told to "play nice". They are now best buds! Donatello has never been one for affection to other animals, but he allows Jinkies to rub on him, box at his tail, chew on his legs, sniff his ears, and snuggle up to him at night; and when we're gone from the house for any amount of time, he runs around the apartment looking for her and wags his tail the minute they touch noses.

Donatello has had a lot of socialization, with dogs and people, the past couple years; and every weekend I let him go stay at my boyfriend's mother's house for a night, where she has two dogs of her own. So of course when my BF and I started discussing adopting a new child we talked in great lengths the impact it might have on Donatello. There was even a day where my BF said, "ya' know what- forget it, let's call her [the foster mom] and tell her we can't do it- I couldn't live with myself making Donatello upset," But I had told him that, "yes, Donatello more than likely will be upset, maybe not at first but once he realizes the little guy is staying he'll probably go through a phase where he might try to show-out, but it won't be permanent," I told him it would be an adjustment to everyone in this house, and I had even talked with the foster mom and explained our family and she (who is the owner of the rescue organization) said if for any reason at any given time couldn't keep him, didn't want him, or it wasn't working out we could bring him back...

I assured my BF, her, and Amigo, that bringing in a member of this family is forever; Whatever happens, good or albeit bad, we'll work through it. I told her of Donatello's "coming-into-his-own" story which is eerily similar to Amigo and she was so glad to give him to us. She felt like he was in confident capable hands. :) A couple years ago, I would be daunted at this task, but I've not batted an eye to the list of things we'll have to work on/through.

Everything is going swimmingly (for now), and all five of us couldn't be happier.

I'll let everything sink in, and I'll let those of you with questions ask them before I go into anymore detail.

I hope everyone else is doing well! It's good to see some familiar faces! :D

·
Super Moderator
7,365 Posts
Those ARE exciting changes! I'm so happy things are going so well for you and Donatello! Now we MUST see new picks of him and the new additions! :)

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Yay, Donatello! The last time I remember seeing you around here he was still a scaredy dog. Congrats on all the new additions too.

I'm not sure if you remember Kaki but she's like a different dog now. She's so confident it's borderline cocky.

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Yay, Donatello! The last time I remember seeing you around here he was still a scaredy dog. Congrats on all the new additions too.

I'm not sure if you remember Kaki but she's like a different dog now. She's so confident it's borderline cocky.
It's so good hear Kaki's come into her own! I love the confident, cocky behavior! lol!

Donatello is far from a scaredy little dog! Every now and again he'll get a scared look on his face, but I don't even entertain it anymore. It's been almost two years since he's had an kind of relapse or spazzy moment. :)

I'm one proud mommy!!

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here are just a couple pics for introductions. :)

This is the most recent picture of Donatello; He wasn't feeling good last Thursday, he was having an allergy attack, (which his allergy to corn is getting more severe, but we can go months without having an "oops".) And by "oops", I believe he has allergies to other things as well, that I have yet to narrow down.

That thing he's laying on is a giant stuffed pony my BF won for ME at Dave&Busters last Oct. But upon bringing it home, Donatello has claimed it for himself! Who am I to say otherwise?

So whenever I'm home, I have Donatello on the sofa next to me on his Pony, and this thing on the back of sofa, with one paw placed delicately on my shoulder so she can snooze contently.

She's all black, with a patch of stray white hairs on her chest, not a white SPOT, but just a cluster of hairs. It's too cute..... As is she. And I'm sure no one can remember but I stopped being a cat person several years ago, but this cat has a special place in my heart, and no matter how much destruction she's caused, I can't ever stay mad at her when I call her name and she comes running. <3

Here is our latest furkid, Amigo (Miggy). We were considering changing his name to Sheldon, but he's going through so much adjusting right now, I'm not even sure when or how to begin changing his name. Especially since he responds so well to it and number of variations to it! lol!

Picking him up last night, he was a little terrified, but his tail never stopped wagging. (Good sign to me!)

Donatello was super unsure of him! But they're doing so well with each other.

I might be able to find Amigo's adoption page on Petfinder, there's a video of him playing with another Chi, and that's when he stole our hearts.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts