Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,584 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm home this weekend (college student on easter break) and my parents have been busy and apparently forgot to clean out the dogs ears (since when I was last home and cleaned them out a month ago). Of course they were nasty and yeasty, and I wiped out as much as I could and rinsed with saline solution and dried them.

Of course now he's itching them like crazy. Is there anything OTC that I can put in them until the vet opens on Monday and we can get the prescription stuff? I feel like such a bad owner :redface: Poor toby.

·
Registered
104 Posts
When our dogs ears were really bad I would use a 50/50 mixture of rubbing alcohol and apple cider vinegar. First I would squirt some into her ear and then massage it downward for 30 secs. (do this outside) and then I would let her shake it out. Wipe out that ear with the same mixture on cotton balls until clean. Then do the other ear. This has saved us from going to the vet. I think after that the ears should be wiped out 2x a day for several days until it starts clearing up and then maybe 1x a week after that. It doesn't have the best smell....but it is better than yeasty smelling ears and your dog can start feeling better.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts