Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

My 7 month old German Shepard is always rubbing her nose with her paw and it seems to be forming a lump. It has been going on for about 2 weeks now. I can't tell if it is because of all her rubbing but it seems to be getting bigger. Any suggestions?

Note: She has previously (about a month ago) had a benign Histiocytomas on her hind quarter that is getting better. It did not look anything like this.

IMG_0285.jpg IMG_0284.jpg

Attachments

·
Registered
3,518 Posts
Needs to be examined by a vet. Could be nothing BUT it could be...................... the list can be very long. Ringworm, mange, allergies hard to tell by a photo.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys for responding! We took Bella to the vet yesterday and it turns out she has localized demodex (demodicosis) mites. She is now on steroids and a topical cream. Unfortunately we have her on trifexis (heart worm, flea and worm) medicine which would have a reaction with the medicine that would get rid of the mites so we have to wait 45 days to go on it. At least we know what it is now :)

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
I'm glad to hear it's nothing too serious. Geez, the 45 day wait would drive me nuts. Good luck, and thanks for updating.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts