Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, glad to be part of these forums and look forward to contribute regularly.

First off, I am the proud owner of a Lhasa Apso, who is almost five years old.

Lately she has been scratching her ears often, requiring me to intervene and stop her. Her ears have turned from having a normal pinkish-white color to having rough black patches, presumably from the scratching. The ears also emit a foul odor when she does scratch them. I have tried to carefully clean the ears when I bathe her, avoiding getting any water into her ear canal. I have tried using Hartz Ear Cleaner to no noticeable effect. I have also tired Hartz Ultraguard Ear Mite Treatment and that didnt seem to work.

Also, she continually chews the area by one of her hind legs, and the area is now covered in black spots also. Here are the pics.

Any other things I could try?

Attachments

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
I love Lhasas! My Cupid is a Lhasa mix.

The ear looks painful--if I were you, I'd take her to the vet. I could be an infection, allergy, or who knows what. See what the vet has to say. Trying remedies when you don't know what the problem is could make it worse.

Good luck!

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
There's no way we can tell you what's wrong, you need to take her to a vet and get her looked at, it could be anything from mites to ear and skin infections by bacteria or yeast. Only a vet can tell you what's wrong with her and prescribe the proper course of treatment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts