Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As some of you know we put Hank to sleep last Monday. Got to thinking of that I should tell you little by little some of his health problems. He had a severe itching and licking problem. So bad that he lost weight just itching..he was a house dog. We had Local veterinary give him steroid shots but they would last tops a week. His quality of life wasn't good with this problem..besides he always got the sores...I guess Staff. So I was desperate for him so got on line with a Veterinary. His theory to give them a low dose of pretizon. I think I had him on this for 3 years. Not sure. He did wonderful. He never got over the sores. ALways on anti-biotic. Never ended. The pretizone he was taking was 5 mil...we never increased it. He did fine.. Later I will write about his other problems. By the way I have uploaded a picture of him on my profile but it hasn't come in. When I go to looking at my profile its there but not on my message. Hanks Mom...sally

·
Registered
191 Posts
Sounds like you did more than in your power to take care of him and give him a great life. I think you did the most un-selfish kind loving thing for him in the end and even though it was the hardest thing to do it was in the end the right thing. I have been through this also with our dog we had for ten years and my kitty and the pain of it was horrible but I try not to focus my one bed day with they but I try to remember all the wonderful days and years spent with them and they were wonderful everyone of them. Just know you are wonderful and he loves you very much.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sounds like you did more than in your power to take care of him and give him a great life. I think you did the most un-selfish kind loving thing for him in the end and even though it was the hardest thing to do it was in the end the right thing. I have been through this also with our dog we had for ten years and my kitty and the pain of it was horrible but I try not to focus my one bed day with they but I try to remember all the wonderful days and years spent with them and they were wonderful everyone of them. Just know you are wonderful and he loves you very much.
Thankyou Lounrox, I am feeling better as the days go by. I just wanted to tell everyone with dogs that have this problem what we did. It worked. We knew that his health could have been damaged from the pretizone but we wanted him to have a good quality when he was alive. I dont really know what happened to him. He was not eating for about 5 days well not much...was getting weak. Plus he had hip displasia. Was on remydel. But thankyou for you kind words. It means alot. Im going to stay on here even though I wont have another dog but maybe I can help someone that has a dog with health problems. Dogs are the most lovely animal. Sally

1 - 3 of 3 Posts