Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, the dogs and I went to the park to hit up some trails. It was AWESOME. The warmth makes me happy :D , even though the sun wasn't out:rolleyes:.
Well anyways, I realized how weird my dogs are: if Susie poops or pees, Callie goes over, hikes her leg up and pees on it... like she's marking her territory. But its not just with Susie's poo's and pee's: she marks on trees, on posts; anything that another dog has marked on. Itsn't that WEIRD??? does anyone else have a female dog that does that?

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
My friend's Chinese Crested does the same thing. We have you beat temp wise we hit 70 degrees here today. It was great, spring is just around the corner here. Yeah.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Onyx doesn't lift her leg, but she does squat about every 20 ft or so...ESPECIALLY if we walk around the park!!

And on the other hand...Topaz, our male...doesn't mark at all. He'll sniff the heck out of everything, but he's never lifted his leg to mark...well, while walking.

He did pee over onyx's urine spot this afternoon on our yard, but I've never seen him do that before.

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Wally's picky about what spots he'll mark and it gets on my nerves sometimes. Trees are even worse. There's a little place where there's 10 trees planted. He has to like sniff all of them before picking one...if I would let him anyway. Now he's down to just sniffing a few of them.

One time he aborted his pee before starting about six times. I was like "forget it" and he just missed the chance to pee/mark. He'd start, then sniff around, then stop and follow that scent. Then again, and again.

It was crazy. And don't let the ground be wet, or just after a rain. I don't know how I get him to pee at all when the ground is wet. It's like he's trying to figure out why the ground is wet. This melting snow is the same thing.

As far as the weather, I wouldn't mind if the winters here actually felt like winter. Winter here is like a "cooler fall" instead of a snowy, icy, actual cold winter. The days the snow storm came I was like SNOW! COLD! WINTER! YES!

And of course that brought the distraction of Wally chasing the snowballs his own walking makes. That's also crazy. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
We are supposed to have a record breaking temp (for march) of 73 today......we just had about 6in of snow this past Monday?...go figure :confused:

its 9am here and its already 61.....the hottest part of the day here is between 2pm and 3pm...cant wait to see what we actually get too

·
Registered
970 Posts
Well Pugmom, you may get our rain tomorrow. Weather was beautiful Friday. Now it is fifty something and rains a little and then starts to clear up and then gets dark, etc. Enjoy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts