Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
....keep a puppy from playing!!!! Penny got spayed on Monday and she's not supposed to play for two weeks. 2 weeks!!!! I'm going crazy!! Thankfully today, for some reason, both of my dogs have mostly slept. They just woke up a little bit ago and are kind of playing, but not rough. So hard, lol. I don't want to crate her 24/7 and just let her out to go potty and eat....:( she is my baby.

What I've been doing...maybe it'll work: giving them a little less food at meals and giving them more raw-hides to chew on. I don't know if it'll work, I just started it today.

It's just so impossible!! Ahhh!!! Lol, oh well only two weeks I guess.

Also!! A little vent! Belle and I went to the park down the street this morning....and she's a little weird on a leash. She's perfectly fine playing with other dogs when she's not on a leash, but when other dogs approach her and she's on a leash...she kinda freaks out and starts acting aggressive towards the other dog.

So, anyways, we were at the park and this guy pulls into the parking lot (no one else was there, I had Belle on a 30' leash) and lets his dog out (no leash). I quickly distracted Belle and put her on her 6' leash so I could better handle her. We quickly walk in the opposite direction. The guy gets out and starts walking towards me, his dog following. I kept walking away, he kept following. Do some people just not take hints?!?! Gah! I was so frustrated!

Ok, well my dogs are starting to play, time to get a chew! :D

·
Registered
3,153 Posts
Wow, two weeks??? Pretty sure I was only told I had to keep my girl quiet for two or three DAYS, and then just (obviously) be careful and take things slow for a little while.

·
Registered
246 Posts
Two weeks will go by before you know it...although it will be harder on you than your dog!

Yeah, some people are just clueless. But I keep reminding myself that I was clueless too, not so long ago.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Two weeks? I was told two or three days also. Really the first day she was kind of sleepy. Next day we had a hard time keeping her from going up and down things. They would yip from it being sore when she did something she wasn't suppose to but she was pretty much herself after two days.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts