Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine sure is.I let her out tonight to go potty,and she didn't want to come in.So I left her outside for awhile longer.About twenty minutes later I open the door to let her in and BAM! she runs in the house as fast as she can go.I'm trying to train her to come but she won't listen at times.Is this normal? Or is she just stubborn and trying to do what she wants? It was easy when I first got her,but now the real training begins.She is a good dog,but far from perfect.So much to learn,both dog and master.She listens to me more than my wife. Is your dog stubborn? I know some breeds are more than others. 85% of the time she minds really well,the other 15% she plays deaf.How was your dog,was it easy to train,or did you have to work at it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
9,131 Posts
does she like treats? if she does try keeping treats in your pocket ALL the time. then whenever she comes to you give her a treat
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,132 Posts
Training Blizzard was hard because he was really stubborn. Now that he's trained his not so stubborn. He likes to get his own way, but when he realizes I won't give in to him, he has to give in to me.
If your dog is stubborn, be equally stubborn.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,466 Posts
I'm not sure if it's actual stubborness in dogs so much as the fact that some breeds were developed to work independently of people and others closely with people. Those that are independent breeds, such as most hounds and spitz-type breeds, seem to us to be "stubborn."
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,184 Posts
I think that, we as humans, should be smart enough to figure out a training method that works for our dogs. It's rarely ever the dog that is the cause for disobedience.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
673 Posts
Oh ya!!! when she's tired and laying right in front of the fridge and I want in there she will not move her butt for nothing, I have to move her out of the way
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
395 Posts
Stubborn doesn't even begin to describe Bambi...

When it comes to other dogs, our rabbits and cats... and food... she goes absolutely nuts, and you can't get her to pay attention no matter what. And if she wants something, she'll continue to try to get. We never give in, but she doesn't get the idea.

I've tried to find a training technique that works, but it's very difficult. :-S

Just work on training her... if it doesn't completely fix the problem, it'll at least help. : D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
435 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
She is doing much better today! Some days must be better than others I guess. Treats do help,sometimes.
 
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Top