Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Mine is..

Scout is obsessed with tissues. Heaven forbid you leave a paper towel, a tissue, or toilet paper lying around. He will steal it and eat it before you can blink your eye. This is so weird to me. I don't know why he loves them so much. But he is obsessed!!

What is your dog obsessed with?

·
Registered
2,170 Posts
Fetch. Cupid is 100-percent obsessed with fetch.

Clayton seems to zero in on papers and tissues, just like your pup.

·
Registered
1,634 Posts
Buster has a thing for feet, paper, hair ties and any stuffed toy he can get his mouth on.

If you visit me wearing sandles or take your shoes off, he will lick & nibble toes. Shoes are tasty too, especially while they're on someones feet.

He's not picky about his paper, TP, paper towels, fast food napkins or the girls' latest coloring project. My girls really will be able to tell their teacher "my dog ate my homework" at this rate!

He chews hair ties like we chew gum, never swallowing them. His favorite seems to be the covered rubber band type.

With 4 kids, he never has a shortage of stuffed toys to play with. Every time a toy is left unattended, I'll find Buster lounging on the couch with his new prize.

·
Registered
113 Posts
My puppy is also obsessed with anything paper. He will rip it up into shreds and eat it. I got caught up in something and wasn't watching him for a few minutes and when i looked over it was a mess of little torn up pieces of paper towel all over the living room. I had to laugh.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
Ugh...

Dirty tampons.
Hughbert wants to eat them.
Kaki hides them in the couch cushions.

Good news is that the roommates have been shutting the bathroom door!

·
Registered
1,445 Posts
I guess this could go along with, maybe prey drive?

But Hunter has 100% recall untill a bee/wasp/fly (anything that buzzes) comes along. Then it's all downhill until he is certain his territory is defended.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Dirty "female" undies. If you leave those on the floor, consider them garbage. She will lick/nibble a hole right through 'em. Those and used tissues. gross.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Flashlights with both dogs, and Cash is obsessed with shadows from pans and such when Im doing dishes..

·
Registered
7 Posts
My 16 wk old male great pyreneese LOVES ice cubes, if he hears someone filling their cup he will knock over anything in his way to get to the kitchen in time for someone to give him a handful of ice---I can't keep his water dish full either, if i do he has a blast- he will go in there drink what he wants then dig in it until its all over him, the floor walls everywhere then he dashes out on the hard wood floors and stumbles all over the place trying to catch his balance, its pretty funny but quite the mess!

·
Registered
4,277 Posts

Er...um...No. Why do you ask?

Sigh. Paper, esp. paper towels, are her favorite. And tennis balls. She is obsessed with popping them. As soon as she pops one, which takes about 5 minutes, she loses interest. And bugs.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Dixon is obsessed with going bye-bye... when she gets it into her head she wants to go for a ride, she will NOT leave us alone until we take her somewhere. The good news is, even just a drive around the block seems to appease her.

Jackson is my little garbage man! He LOOOOOVES the contents of trash cans and trash bags. All our trash cans are covered, but when I take a trash liner out to put it in the outdoor bin, he is instantly there with his nose plunged all the way in.

Dabney loves chewing on cardboard, but I wouldn't say it's an obsession like my other two.

Oh yeah -- Jackson is also obsessed with weeding. He watched me pulling weeds one day and was studying me intently. Now he "weeds" anything and everything outside -- including plants I've just planted! :rolleyes: I have to admit, it's hilarious to see him ferociously attack a plant, yank it and shake it in his teeth, and entice his brother to chase him with it. :D

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
Willow is obsessed with water bottles! She carefully unscrews the cap, breaks off the ring, and discards both. Then, she drinks all the water inside (usually tipping half of it out onto the floor), and crushes the top opening to the bottle until it's crunched shut. Then she chews on it until it doesn't make fun crunch-crunch noises anymore. :rolleyes:

Bandit likes shoes. And pretty much anything else he's not supposed to have...

Jasper doesn't have any obsessions, oddly enough! Or maybe they just haven't surfaced yet...

·
Registered
637 Posts
Nelson...Border collieXkelpie...everything

Chessie..mastiffX everything scary so the world

Callie GSD small tasty creatures

Baxter Jack Russell being cool

Radha Lab eating

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Honey is obsessed with sniffing. If something she wants -- food, a toy, a cat -- is hidden somewhere and she knows it, she will not stop till she's gotten it out.

Spunky is obsessed with food.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Do squirrels count? It somehow escaped Rufus during the first few years of his life that squirrels run up trees. Now that he has discovered this however, he just wants to stand and stare up at trees during our walks. Not the trunks, the very tops. He even tried to stop and stare up a telephone pole the other day. What a monkey.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Hershey's got a thing for paper as well - junk mail, tissues, paper towels, anything. She's even been so bold as to pull the paper towels out of my back pocket when I'm cleaning the house.

Her summer obsession is leaves! I get the occasional dead leaves on the patio and I'm leaving the door open for her in the summer (and me, you'd be surprised how much breeze a screen door blocks!) and she insists on bringing in every single leaf from the patio and chewing it into a dust pile in the living room. And "leave it" apparently applies to everything but said leaves.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Tanner is obsessed with licking the futon till theres a huge soaking wet spot, and with food

Buster is obsessed with green grass, he loves to roll in it.

Shelbie (roommates border collie/rat terrier/chihuahua mix puppy) is obsessed with everything at the moment ecspecially papper

My Bother's dog, "Dog," is obsessed with laser pointers, flashlights, reflected light, and shadows. (I want to work with her but he gets touchy with me and his dogs, growing up all the animals loved me more than anyone else) and she's obsessed with paper

1 - 20 of 51 Posts