Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A 'doggy' dog. I'm starting to think that Bayley much prefers my company to the company of other dogs and if given a choice to go play with a pack of dogs at the park, she'd much rather play with me. She has a few doggy friends that she'll play with but if there's no dogs there that she's interested in then after initial greetings, she'll come back and see what I'm up to. Personally I prefer her that way. I like the fact that I can just get up and go, even if she's playing and she beats me to the gate and I can easily just call her and she comes running.

·
Registered
322 Posts
My dog's most favorite thing in the world is another dog. He gets ridiculously excited when he sees one (which is kind of saying a lot, as he's still a puppy and gets very excited about everything). Second is people; he loves people but the fervor not the same. Third is treats, then toys, etc. (somewhere in there is chasing the cats!).

·
Registered
390 Posts
My dog loves both people and dogs. At the park he's the popular kid with the dogs, and in between play he stops and visits people, or if a new person is coming in and he isn't busy he'll go greet them.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
If we are at the DP, Bayne is all about the dogs. He will readily leave when I do though. Baylee... I'm not sure yet. We'll know soon. Abby, friends dog that I have right now, is all about people. She's not comfortable playing with more than 1 dog at a time, will not play at the DP and will follow your every move.

·
Registered
5,284 Posts
It VERY much depends.

Marge is a people person if *her* people are around.. ie., the people she has no fear of. My sister, my boyfriend, my mom, my grandma and I are her favorites. That's not to say she wouldn't play with another dog in those cases, but she does enjoy the company of the people.

At the dog park she likes a little of both. She is curious of the people and will often go over to them from behind to investigate in the least confrontational manner. She'll go to anyone with treats or food or something that looks interesting in their hand. She loves playing with zoomy little dogs and generally doesn't like dogs bigger than her, wrestlers, or very bossy dogs. She's also smitten with a Husky.. when she sees him now she grins larger than I've ever seen her.. :p

·
Registered
123 Posts
NO WAY - Kemo hates all other dogs (been a real treat (NOT) bringing in the new ones) and he hates people too
Bindi loves people and is scared/curious about other dogs
Grace shy with people but comes around in a few- if alone with another dog seems ok but as a pack she will freak
Cinder new to us but seems afraid of it all- she is OK with people for now

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
Jack is a people dog he loves meeting new people and getting butt scratches which he make sure he gets by pushing his butt toward them. but he growls and snaps at new dogs that are anything but small and calm.

Hawkeye Loves both people and other dogs but he is still a puppy so he might get a bit more aloof with time.

Kechara very much dislikes both people and dogs except for her imediate family and close friends but she dose not act agressivly toward eather, she simple snubs them.

·
Registered
2,487 Posts
One of mine is a "doggy" dog and the other is a people dog. We laugh, they are like complete opposites. Like Wynpyp's friend's Abby, my Kaya only likes to play with one dog at a time so the dog park is a little overwhelming for her. But it's getting better.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Casper is a doggy dog - not a people person at all
Toula and Bear are both people puppies other dogs are OK but they prefer human company

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
My Golden is quite people oriented. He seems to believe that everybody who comes to the door, or walks in the street in front of our house has come to meet him. He doesn't have a suspicious bone in his body.

He is curious and friendly to other dogs, but he is...erm...socially awkward.

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Wally's a people dog more than a doggy dog. He'll be willing to give people a chance, but for other dogs, he's slower to come around. He just now tolerates the next door neighbor's dog - after six months.

Sad, I know.

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Poca's Hierarchy of Needs....

#1 Her dog friends
#2 All other dogs
#3 Peanut butter
#4 Green beans
#5 Us, but only because we supply access to #1-4
#6 Other people she loves

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Both my dogs are definitely, without a doubt, hands down, people dogs. No one who has ever met them could ever describe them any other way. Every stranger is a friend.

·
Banned
749 Posts
Lola is a people dog. There is not a stranger that she hasn't liked yet. When at the dog park she will play with certain dogs if they are there at the time. One dog she likes to play with in particular is a westie named Molly. With that dog she will not only run together but she will also wrestle her and she is twice Lola's size. She will pin her when wrestling.

When it comes to people at the dog park she will greet each and everyone of them. She also knows when a person has treats in their pocket because she can smell them and she will not move away from that person untilthey give her one. After she gets a treat from the person she will then move away from them. I tell the person she is always looking for a hand out.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts