Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My pup was just treated for round worm a few weeks back. A new stool sample was retested just this week, to make sure he's all clean. Well, he's not. I had a message tonight that was left on my answering machine from the vet. Apparently now my pup has a stool sample that shows positive for "toxidia". :(

Is it the same thing? Did he get reinfected, or is this now something new?:confused:

Thanks in advance for any info you all can provide here. :)

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
My pup was just treated for round worm a few weeks back. A new stool sample was retested just this week, to make sure he's all clean. Well, he's not. I had a message tonight that was left on my answering machine from the vet. Apparently now my pup has a stool sample that shows positive for "toxidia". :(

Is it the same thing? Did he get reinfected, or is this now something new?:confused:

Thanks in advance for any info you all can provide here. :)
Are you sure it wasn't Coccidia? Because Coccidia is a protozoan parasite that causes diarrhea. It's pretty easy to treat and it is different from round worms. We've seen dogs at the clinic I work at have different worms, coccidia and giardia all at once.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are you sure it wasn't Coccidia? Because Coccidia is a protozoan parasite that causes diarrhea. It's pretty easy to treat and it is different from round worms. We've seen dogs at the clinic I work at have different worms, coccidia and giardia all at once.
Yeah, maybe that's it. Probably it just sounded like toxidia on the answering machine. I'll find out when I go to the vet to pick up the meds. Thanks.:)

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
Yeah, maybe that's it. Probably it just sounded like toxidia on the answering machine. I'll find out when I go to the vet to pick up the meds. Thanks.:)
Sure thing. It seriously took me ages to remember the word coccidia at work...I don't know why. LOL

1 - 4 of 4 Posts