Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello/Asalamalikum,
As you all know, I posted Topic about a white GSD which died as it was coming from my cousin home to here :( Anyways, the same person is giving me one of these GSD but this time, free and I need to verify whether these are pure :)

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
They do not look purebred, nor do they look healthy. Look elsewhere for a puppy, or rescue from a shelter.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
IF they are purebred, they are VERY poorly bred, please remember that there is NO such thing as a free dog (or horse or cat) there are nearly always something that will cost you in the end. I'd pass and look for a REPUTABLE breeder or breed rescue that you don't have to question if they're pure, or just go to the shelter and adopt, the shelters are FULL of pups this time of year!

·
Banned
7,942 Posts
Hello/Asalamalikum,
As you all know, I posted Topic about a white GSD which died as it was coming from my cousin home to here :( Anyways, the same person is giving me one of these GSD but this time, free and I need to verify whether these are pure :)
1.) No. They do not look to be pure.

2.) The last thread on the White GSD/Alsation it was recommended SEVERAL times by several posters that the dog looked unhealthy and was kept in filthy conditions. The skin infectin around the nose indicated some sort of illness (parasitic or other). It was recommended you find another breeder and not get the dog.

3.) Now you are asking an internet forum about the purity of the breed of two very young, unhealthy looking puppies from the same person who had the sick, filthy, white puppy that died!!!. It was recommended you NOT get the last dog. You got him anyway).

Here is the thing. I know you are in Pakistan and the treatment of dogs in other countries is far and away different from here in the US. I know you want a dog.. a GSD.. and you want a puppy.

What I don't understand is throwing good money after bad and getting anything from the breeder it was suggested you get nothing from in the first place?

Even if he does not charge for either of these puppies and even if you take delivery of a live puppy, you are going to spend a great deal of money getting the dog healthy.. IF it can even be gotten healthy!

Money spends the same in Pakistan as it does anywhere else. WHY would you do this??? Just throwing good money after bad..

It is your money and your choice and you will do what you will do, but the advice is this:

NO. The puppies do not look pure and if they are they are not quality and they LOOK UNHEALTHY.

Do what you will. You will anyway.

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
Wa alaikum assalam wa rahmatullah wa baraktuh

Ikram45, even though the person is giving you the dog for free it will probably cost you lots of money at the veterinarians due to poor heath.
I know you want a GSD but be patient and get a good one. I promise it will be worth the wait. :D

I know, I know, waiting is easier said than done! Just try, ok? ;)

Jihad
and the pound puppy crew.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Reply from the same breeder:
"I'm not going to give these kids because they are too young and unhealthy. I will import GSD puppy from USA a pure one and a healthy one. I promise!"

So what now?

Althought it is not certain that I will get these pups but what do you guys think about these?

Attachments

·
Registered
145 Posts
Reply from the same breeder:
"I'm not going to give these kids because they are too young and unhealthy. I will import GSD puppy from USA a pure one and a healthy one. I promise!"

So what now?

Althought it is not certain that I will get these pups but what do you guys think about these?
Wow...that doesn't even make sense or sound right. If you have any sensibility at all you would not buy from this breeder.

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
They look like GSD mixes.

No one worth giving money to is going to send puppies to such a shady character, and it costs several thousand dollars to ship dogs internationally- and the breeder is giving you the dog for FREE? Yeah RIGHT.

·
Registered
12,574 Posts
I just wanted to chime in on the "Free dog" thing. I got a "Free" dog last year. It cost me $1,200 in the first 2 months trying to save her life. In the end, I couldn't even save her. It cost me more to have her humanely euthanized.
Not all free dogs end in that manner, but if it is a healthy GSD pup that you want, then find a breeder that is on the up and up and wait for that puppy. It is worth the wait to end up with what you wanted in the first place rather then sorrow or grief dealing with a sick puppy.

·
Registered
105 Posts
the same person is giving me one of these GSD but this time, free and I need to verify whether these are pure :)
Hmmm.. Any breeder that give people "deal", free dogs, or allows price negotiation IMO is not a good breeder, And if i was a breeder i would NEVER sell a dog if a person started trying to bargain with me, I'd question their ability to take care of the dog in the long run... (not saying you tried to bargain)... But its definitely telling that theres something seriously shady going on.

No one worth giving money to is going to send puppies to such a shady character, and it costs several thousand dollars to ship dogs internationally- and the breeder is giving you the dog for FREE? Yeah RIGHT.
Yea it cost my family $10,000 to get my dog transferred to another country after quarantine, extensive shots, and months of intense veterinary observation up to the moving date... This guy isn't just going to "get" you a dog that easily.

Walk away, RUN away!

·
Registered
10,837 Posts
I just wanted to chime in on the "Free dog" thing. I got a "Free" dog last year. It cost me $1,200 in the first 2 months trying to save her life. In the end, I couldn't even save her. It cost me more to have her humanely euthanized.
Not all free dogs end in that manner, but if it is a healthy GSD pup that you want, then find a breeder that is on the up and up and wait for that puppy. It is worth the wait to end up with what you wanted in the first place rather then sorrow or grief dealing with a sick puppy.
Same boat with Smalls. She was $15 at animal control. That very same day her price jumped to $1,000 at the vet to fix a prolapsed rectum and remove a lot of her small intestine. Two days later all the bills came in and she was a $6,000 some dollar dog, and whatever it costs to recover from a crushed heart because I didn't think she was going to make it. Now her entire life we deal with reoccurring medical issues and in the passed three years I would estimate her now at about 10-15 grand.
Any dog could end up this way, regardless of cost, but it's my example of how a free puppy (and a sickly one, as these GSD puppies look) could end up costing more than 10 dogs.

·
Registered
673 Posts
gee, how sad that there's numerous puppies all over the world like this and no one knows where they will end up. I don't understand why some people just don't get their animals fixed. Poor puppies and the mother is probably in bad shape as well:(

1 - 20 of 34 Posts