Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, :wave: I haven't been on here in a while but I have a question. I have a 5 month old pomeranian whom I love to death and he's an awesome dog all the way around.
He's even really good at telling me he needs to go outside to potty. My only consider I have is he has to pee every 45 minutes. Isn't that a bit much for a 5 month old dog?

When he was younger he could hold it longer (like an hour and a half) and hadn't had a mess in the house for 3 weeks. But my room mate just lets him run loose in the house while I'm at work (which is only two nights a week) so he ended up having an accident and after that it was a major set back where he was peeing every 15 mins. I've been doing my best with him and he doesn't have accidents while I'm here because he lets me know when he needs to go out but room mate doesn't pay attention so he's still peed a few times in the house.

Anyway, my main concern is I can't get him past the 45 minutes. Should I be worried? Does anyone else have the problem? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
When my puppy was 5 months I was taking him about once or twice every hour, and that didn't change until he was about 7 months old. Until he was 12 months old he went out every two hours or so.

·
Registered
4,350 Posts
If you are worried, you could always have the vet check him for an infection. Anytime there is an change in their potty training and they start peeing more often, it could be due to a UTI. BUT, I don't think it's all that uncommon for some puppies to go very often, especially small breed dogs.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, I will bring up to my vet. But it's good to know what he's doing isn't that unheard of LOL :rockon:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts