Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I gave my new puppy some dewormer when we noticed she had some worms in her poop. She is eight weeks old and we got the deworming pill from our vet. The second poop she made had a couple worms in it in which I figured was normal. Well the last bowel movement she had was a big pile of worms no poop just straight worms . I fear this could be really bad... Is it normal for there to be just straight worms in her poop? We got her from a woman who was giving them away. She said she had given her wormer but we figured she lied . She had a swollen belly and after I gave her the pill from the vet she has seemed a bit sluggish. Please tell me if all of this is normal im very concerned .

·
Registered
496 Posts
i would say go to the vet asap, if its stright worms, its gotta be pretty bad. Can you call your vet i know its late but some always have people there, or a possable E-Vet? sounds ilke a bad infestation to me :(

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
I would definitely get your dog to the vet asap. At the very least call in the morning and get their advice on whether you should come in immediately or make an appointment. That many worms would have me very concerned.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thats what I was worried about. Her belly was extremely bloated . I am pretty concerned I will call first thing in the morning to find out what should be done ? I have seen worms come out after deworming but the last one was a large amount . So I was really worried

1 - 4 of 4 Posts