Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I have a mini poodle and he's soo sweet. I've been noticing he isn’t pooping a lot. He does but on the Ratio of intake and outgo is very less.
His tummy is perfect pink and slightly turning purple. I tried giving him pedialax (fruitpunch flavor) but he does not like that.

As a history he was in a kennel and they said he had diathermia, so they must have given him something to control that. I feed him his doggie mini poodle food and little rice. In mornings little bread and skim milk.

Can someone please help? What to do. He acts totally normal. The slight purple is what worries me a lot

He's a little over a year old.

·
Registered
2,000 Posts
Please call your vet. Especially since he was at a kennel for two weeks. Could be nothing but, if he is having a problem it is better to catch it early. Let us know how he is doing.

·
Banned
53 Posts
Please call your vet. Especially since he was at a kennel for two weeks. Could be nothing but, if he is having a problem it is better to catch it early. Let us know how he is doing.
Seriously, I can attest to that. Take your puppy to the vet, the longer you wait the more it's going to cost you. It may be nothing but if something is wrong you want to know as soon as possible, it's better for the dog and your pocket.

My puppy was limping, I decided to wait and see if it got better...bad choice. Not only was her leg dislocated but it ended up costing me $1,800 to fix. Would have been much simpler if I took her to the vet right away.

·
Registered
122 Posts
I'm a vet tech, and his symptoms could mean anything from possible internal bleeding to a food allergy.

I agree with the other 2 ladies....
PLEASE.....Get him to the veterinarian right away!

·
Banned
12 Posts
Hi all. I have a mini poodle and he's soo sweet. I've been noticing he isn’t pooping a lot. He does but on the Ratio of intake and outgo is very less.
I call that desirable. It shows he's getting a good diet. Poop is undigested food. The more he digests, the smaller and less frequent the poops are. My dogs poop once every day and sometimes miss a day and their poops are very small and solid.

As a history he was in a kennel and they said he had diathermia, so they must have given him something to control that. I feed him his doggie mini poodle food and little rice. In mornings little bread and skim milk.

Can someone please help? What to do. He acts totally normal. The slight purple is what worries me a lot
If he is acting normal, happy and energetic, he is fine. You would know it by his behavior if he had a digestive problem as those can be very painful.

I wouldn't feed him skim milk. All adult dogs are lactose intolerant.

·
Registered
172 Posts
please, oh please, don't listen to the last poster.

everyone has said, if you think you have a problem, go see a "trained" vet, and let them diagnose your dog.

all dogs are lactose intollerant, please.

·
Registered
10,534 Posts
please, oh please, don't listen to the last poster.

everyone has said, if you think you have a problem, go see a "trained" vet, and let them diagnose your dog.

all dogs are lactose intollerant, please.
Actually, dogs ARE lactose intolerant other than mothers milk. Giving hard chese or yogurt is ok, but skim milk is NOT.

To the OP. If you ffel there is a problme, goto a vet. We are NOT here to dianose ANY problem be it large or small. Even a qualified vet will NOT give a diagnoses on the internet, they need to see and touch an animals to understand what may be going on. Once you know what is wrong (if there is something wrong) with your pup, we can help by discussing treatments.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.