Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
photo.jpg
kinda freaking out, can't go to the vet because my dog HATES the vet and there's no chance in hell they'll be able to see his incision site. :( this is a picture of his hernia, and his testis have a lot of dried blood, but no swelling... it seems fine. I will OBVIOUSLY go to the vet if it's infected, but they won't be able to tell me anything because they won't be able to look at it themselves.

·
Registered
8 Posts
There are so many dogs that don't like going to the vet but the vets, the techs and the assistants are all trained in how to restrain the dogs and handle those kind of situations. If you have worries about the incision, than take him to the vet. It doesn't look horrible but when there is a doubt that is the best thing to do whether your dog likes it or not unfortunately.

·
Registered
10,186 Posts
Call your vet and ask if they could look at the picture first. My last dog was insane at the vet's, and my vet was willing to talk to me on the phone and look at pictures before requiring a visit. Obviously, if he had any doubt in his mind, a visit happened, but it did save all of us stress.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts