Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my daughter's dog. They said she was a golden retriever - hmm. I see lab. Anyway, what do you all think and is she too skinny?

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
Golden retriever? hahaha

Lab mix for sure. She looks healthy to me. Could put on 5 pounds or so, but I can't see her ribs or other bones. It's nice to see a healthy sized lab. I only see fat overweight ones.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think she looks fine. Has a good shape. She had started to get a little chubby but then they cut down on her food. Doesn't get a lot of exercise until she comes to our house.

·
Registered
3,851 Posts
Hmmm...probably not a Golden. The dog looks fine to me. Better a tad thin than too fat--especially with larger breeds and mixes.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
She's definitely not purebred Golden but she could be a mix.....my neighbors used to have a solid male black Lab/Rott mix who got together with the other neighbor's purebred female Golden (boy, was her owner mad!), and all the pups came out shorthaired, some solid black and some black and tan, all big and blocky. Not one of them looked anything like their mom. Genetics are weird.

I don't think she's too skinny. I can't see her ribs. She does have a very slim build, but if she's young she might fill out later on. She's a pretty dog.

·
Registered
3,773 Posts
Not really sure of the breed...I think lab mix would be a good guess....I don't think she is skinny at all...she looks like she is in good shape ...you can see a waist, muscles ....not very often do you see a lab looking as good as her....well at least not in my neighborhood :p

·
Registered
656 Posts
She looks good to me!
But I don't see GR in her.Definatly see some lab though.

·
Registered
19,018 Posts
Weight looks good to me! I have no idea about breed, definitely not a purebred golden. She's very pretty.

·
Registered
41 Posts
This is my daughter's dog. They said she was a golden retriever - hmm. I see lab. Anyway, what do you all think and is she too skinny?

I think this dog looks to be perfect shape, and top pic I see pitbull/lab cross middle pic possible greatdane/lab if it has long legs it's hard to tell by pic's the height

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I think she looks like a beautiful Heinz 57 dog to me. Very pretty.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Agewise, she is about two and a half. Heightwise, just look at the table in the background. Average outside table size.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts