Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently got a male pug puppy from a person and after few days I found something.

1) In the abdomen area there are few pimple like thing.
View attachment 262834

2) The fur on the body is less in one specific area. Patch kind of things can be seen in the photo.

View attachment 262835

Doctor told this is quiet common and pimple kind of thing can be cured by maintaining good hygiene.

Is this something serious ? Will this affect dogs life span or will it create any problems in long term ? Did the guy who sold the dog cheated me ?

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
Most of what you have circled are his nipples. (Yes, male dogs have them, just like human males have them.) The one spot deep in his flank might be a bit of irritation, or possibly just a bit of darker pigment.

I couldn't really see what you were talking about with his fur. If he has fleas or something else making him itch, then he could cause a sore (commonly called a hot spot) from chewing and licking.

One thing I noticed, though, that you didn't mention, is that he has an umbilical hernia. It doesn't look too bad at the moment, but it's something to be aware of, and keep an eye on.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi thanks for quick reply. Is umbilical hernia something dangerous and not curable ? Also please check the pic which i posted now for the fur patch found on the body.

d1.jpg

d2.jpg
Most of what you have circled are his nipples. (Yes, male dogs have them, just like human males have them.) The one spot deep in his flank might be a bit of irritation, or possibly just a bit of darker pigment.

I couldn't really see what you were talking about with his fur. If he has fleas or something else making him itch, then he could cause a sore (commonly called a hot spot) from chewing and licking.

One thing I noticed, though, that you didn't mention, is that he has an umbilical hernia. It doesn't look too bad at the moment, but it's something to be aware of, and keep an eye on.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
The hernia can be surgically repaired, if needed.

I still can't see what you are talking about with his fur, though. Those pictures are just too out of focus.

·
Registered
1,635 Posts
I would just keep an eye on it, then, and make sure it doesn't get any worse. If it gets worse, or you start noticing more places like that, then have the vet look at it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I would just keep an eye on it, then, and make sure it doesn't get any worse. If it gets worse, or you start noticing more places like that, then have the vet look at it.
Thanks for taking time and answering my questions. I never thought having a dog is so complicated and tough task.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Beware commercial dog treats. My Shiba Inu mix developed a strange rash, with dropped fur and skin irritation in a patch about 2 inches wide. Eventually I traced it back to a recent manufacturing change in his usual before-bedtime chew treat. He had never had any kind of rash like this before, but it persisted. When I figured out what it might be and stopped the treat, the skin irritation finally quickly calmed down and now it has healed completely. I don't trust any of those treats- full of strange chemicals.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts