Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was doing some free shaping and there was my pair of slippers on the ground. Okay so after a while he started messing with them. I went with it and started mark/rewarding it. He was grabbing it and pawing it, throwing it in the air, etc. So I picked it up and put it in a chair. He kept trying to get it and looking at it. I marked all of this too. After a few minutes he started looking around. I was curious to see what he was up to.

He found the other slipper and brought it to where we were working. Then he started doing the same stuff to this one. I thought that was rather interesting. Would yiu consider this a form of matching objects? If so, I could probably play this game from the start.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I'd guess so, since they're almost the same and would likely smell/feel the same. Bender used to fetch a shoe and then I could say 'get the other one' and she'd go find that one. Would be a neat trick to teach him to scent out the matching shoe to any that you pick up!

·
Registered
254 Posts
I'd guess so, since they're almost the same and would likely smell/feel the same. Bender used to fetch a shoe and then I could say 'get the other one' and she'd go find that one. Would be a neat trick to teach him to scent out the matching shoe to any that you pick up!
I'm going to have to see if I can teach Mercy that, since she's always hiding my shoes! She usually leaves one where I left it, but it can take me a while to track down the other one!

Yes, I know, I could solve this whoole problem if I just put them away in the first place :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts