Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone, We got Casper two weeks ago at 8 weeks old. The family we got him from said that he was a full mini poodle. His mother is the family's own mini poodle who became pregnant by accident via her sister's mini poodle. The mother will be spayed so she so she doesn't have any more puppies. (We met his mother but not his father). Everywhere we go, people always ask if he is a maltese or a maltese-poodle mix. He doesn't have the long poodle snout but doesn't have the maltese tail. Got more of the face of a maltese but with a poodle body. My hubby wants to have his dna tested just so that we really know what he is. Since everyone here has lots of doggy knowledge I just wanted your opinions. He is 10 weeks and weighs 4 pounds as of yesterday.

·
Registered
7,226 Posts
I have zero experience with both breeds, but just by googling "poodle puppy" and "maltese poodle puppy" the images look very similar!

But WOW are those eyes stunning!

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
If they didn't dock his tail then he wont have the traditional poodle tail. Puppy muzzles tend to get longer as the dog ages and if you shaved his muzzle and face he may look more like a poodle as all that fur on the face makes their head look rounder.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts