Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Looks more like a Goldendoodle to me. Gonna be big.

Also, "colored eyes" is a common scammer term (not to mention that his eyes look brown). Be very careful.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Too big to be a maltipoo but he has poodle in there I'm guessing. Either way the dog is in a bad situation be sold off of Craigslist.

·
Registered
20,765 Posts
Too big to be a maltipoo but he has poodle in there I'm guessing. Either way the dog is in a bad situation be sold off of Craigslist.
Eh. . .I bought Finn off a craigslist ad. They were getting a divorce and had to move to apartments. Is that a bad situation? I feel like craigslist is the new version of newpaper classifieds---buyer beware, meet in a public place (OK, I've bought furniture from craigslist ads, and of course you have to go pick it up at their house, so that isn't always possible. But bring someone along at least), could be good or could be bad, just be smart and aware. A better situation for the dog than ending up at a shelter, imo.

There are also rescues that advertise on craigslist. It's just an advertising medium.

·
Registered
17,910 Posts
Eh. . .I bought Finn off a craigslist ad. They were getting a divorce and had to move to apartments. Is that a bad situation? I feel like craigslist is the new version of newpaper classifieds---buyer beware, meet in a public place (OK, I've bought furniture from craigslist ads, and of course you have to go pick it up at their house, so that isn't always possible. But bring someone along at least), could be good or could be bad, just be smart and aware. A better situation for the dog than ending up at a shelter, imo.

There are also rescues that advertise on craigslist. It's just an advertising medium.

Yeah, I mean sometimes it's bad, sometimes not. I actually found Jack by posting a craigslist ad and being contacted by his breeder. Bug came from Craigslist and while her situation wasn't *ideal* or her, they knew it and were using CL to get her into a better home. Both were pretty danged responsible rehoming to me. You know, checking out the house, asking about the vet, stuff we advise people do to here now. Except Bug's owner didn't ask for a rehoming fee, but they let me THINK there was one right up until I went to pay them, so.

·
Registered
1,394 Posts
I don't think that dog is a maltipoo. At least, if it is, it's not an 8 week old, more like a full grown maltipoo. It just doesn't really look like any of the poodle mixes I see around here, really. Looks like there might be some terrier in there somewhere.

Craigslist can be good and bad. I don't like people who breed litters and then sell them on craigslist, and I don't like people who buy puppies irresponsibly without doing any research or preparation and then try to get back the $1200 they paid for them 4 days ago. But there is definitely responsible rehoming happening, along with the irresponsible. It's just up to us to avoid the irresponsible ones.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for everyone's input. I have been looking for a maltipoo bred with something larger than a toy poodle. But this just didn't look quite like a maltipoo to me. Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
145 Posts

I was just referring to the site's reputation of people buying dogs and other animals off of it and doing horrible things with them. It happens where I live a lot, especially with the younger puppies.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts