Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so for about the last year my little pom Chessa has not been her self and im worried about her. she used to love to play with her toys, and loved my sisters cat who she would snuggle with and let him groom her, and she would play with him all the time. she always was happy and loved playing and what not. but for a while now her play drive has almost but disappeared. she never plays with her toys anymore, old or new. she seems depressed a lot. she also for the last 2 months hasnt wanted to have anything to do with my sisters cat that was like her BF. she seems scared of him, she also has scared fits for no reason. like she will be sitting around and then suddenly acts like something bit her butt and then runs and hides under something.
now i thought it might just be because she is always inside with me and doesn't get out much. so i started taking her out and about with me, over to my friends house were she has 1 chihuahua and 2 pomchi's. Chessa gets along well with one and is starting to like the others as well. we take them to the park and let them all run in the grass and play together. but still even tho i am getting her out more, buying her new toys and what not she still seems like something is not right.
she is 3 years old, she is well groomed and is up to date with her shots. i have taken her to the vet for this and the vet has no idea whats wrong with her, they have expressed her anal glands, placed her on a bland diet to see if her tummy was upset, they did a thorough exam on her. Chessa does have a inverted vulva and she gets urine burns down there, and i have been slacking on wiping her so i am going to be working hard on keeping up on wiping her so she doesn't get any problems. she is on Orijen dry dog food.
anyways.... does any one have any suggestions on what i could do to help her?

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Have you run blood tests? If not that's the first thing I would do. Thyroid, cushings, Addison's. I would want them all to be tested for to rule them out and get an idea of her blood work and the state of her internal well being.

·
Banned
1,765 Posts
There are plenty of health issues that could present with very little overt symptoms and requires more thorough (and expensive) tests to even try to diagnose during earlier stages: blood panel, x-rays, ultrasounds. The cost can be hard to justify especially when you don't even know if there is actually anything wrong physically with the pet.

Why can't they just talk and tell you? -__-

1 - 3 of 3 Posts