Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,281 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since I've moved the only dogs around for my boy to play with are the neighbors two females. There are no dog parks and the day care won't take him because he's intact (though, after touring the place I wouldn't take him there anyways). I've worked in dog boarding/daycare for a while and I've seen dogs in heat. However, they were always short haired. One of the girls he plays with is not spayed and about 10.5 months old so it could happen any day. I'm very vigilant about watching them play and watching for signs but so far I"ve seen nothing. However, he has become fond of occasionally licking her behind. Could this be a sign that she is going into heat soon?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Pig recently entered proestrus. Bear is neutered, but he has been showing increased interest in her for the past few days. So it's certainly possible that your neighbour's dog is going to come into heat soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Some large breed dogs (not sure if the female you are talking about is a large breed) do not come into heat until 24 months so it could be awhile stil. I have two intact bitches who around neutered and uneutered dogs, they always sniff and lick their behinds, even when they are no where close to coming into heat. If you are worried, look at their being and the will be very swollen if they are about to or in heat. I have had males around my dogs in heat and they are ridiculous and whining constantly.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts