Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
17,917 Posts
I recently got a puppy. Her name is Saige :) One vet told me she was a Cocker
Spaniel and another told me she was a Springer. What do you think? I appreciate your help.Thanks! Here is a pic.
https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/408241_482062748479090_589262957_n.jpg?dl=1
She looks like a springer, to me. How old/big is she?

One thing to remember, and this is not a dig at vets - they're very good at what they do- but they are not breed indentification experts. Honestly, my last vet thought Jack was some kind of unidentifiable mutt. With some dogs, this would be less remarkable. But Jack is not only an adult purebred - he is a titled show dog. Admittedly, rats are relatively new breeds but - seriously?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the advice! She is almost 5 months in that pic and around 22 pounds. That is funny about your dog Jack! I thought it was strange that both my vets said different things, but maybe not. Thanks again!

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
lol ya at 5 months and 22lbs, she aint no Cocker :p

and ya Vets have no training on breeds example:

this is my old dog Shadow

she was a Border Collie X Sheltie we took her to the vet and the Vet said "no no, she is obviously a Cocker Spanial" :pound:

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
She's a field type English Springer Spaniel.

·
Registered
36 Posts
aw a springer!!!
what a joy :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks everybody! I guess she must be a springer then lol. She does have some pretty big paws. Just got her fixed so shes currently wearing the cone of shame, poor little girl. Thanks for your help guys :)

·
Registered
5,406 Posts
Yeah, not a cocker, definitely a springer.

·
Registered
4,552 Posts
Definitely an English Springer Spaniel. My aunt had one and got another after Maggie died and Maggie looked exactly like yours. I should think the vets should've known your dog was an ESS as they're popular breeds. My dog is rare and so when we get our receipt from the vet, where it says breed, it read: Other Breed. As in other breed for cat? Reptile? Lol. My dog is a dog....just put dog. :)

Your dog is cute.

·
Registered
111 Posts
She looks just like the puppy version of the Springer my dad had when I was a baby. She was an awesome dog (or so I'm told) - used to go to work with my dad and nap under his desk all day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts