Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,428 Posts
Because I'm too lazy to consult Dr, Google, what the heck is Nano Silver, and what is it supposed to do?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Wow wow easy! I've already done a google search prior to posting this thread. And no, I do not mean colloidal silver but NANO SILVER. There are ample of information regarding colloidal silver which I have already read but funny thing is - I am hardly able to read up information pertaining NANO SILVER FOR DOGS.

To clarify, I would like to try a spray that has NANO SILVER as an active ingredient. Supposedly, it has antimicrobial, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. But before using it, I thought I could get some 'reviews' about the product should any of you similarly uses it too :)

My dog happens to have seasonal allergies which could result in secondary issues so I am trying to find ways to help remedy the situation rather than having to constantly drop by the vet.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Can a dog with seasonal allergies result with fungus (is that a "secondary infection"?)
I never thought about that, I just went to the vet yesterday and my dog might have fungus. The test for the culture are expensive I think it was $105 (or more) to send to lab. I just didn't have have the money for the test alone. I'm hoping the shampoo and wipes will help. But I never considered it could be his allergies. Might even be his food although it's grain free. But what's strange it's that he's not really itchy. And his seasonal allergies haven't really flared yet. Which I'm hoping to fix his spot on his back before they do.

I looked up nano silver and colloidal silver came up and I actually have used it in the past. Have you seen any improvement? If you have then continue to use. Maybe there's just not that much info out there.
I actually use to use colloidal silver a lot on my dogs (don't use it now though) and I personally believed it worked of course there were plenty of times they had to go to the vet.

·
Registered
9,406 Posts
1. Yes, Ionic Silver has anti-microbial properties ... etc. I don't know that it has anti-inflammatory properties. Nano Silver is not an ionic form of silver.
2. Colloidal silver (a hydrosol containing ionic silver in suspension) is more effective than metallic nano silver.
3. However, research studies are not conclusive on man or beast, b/c results vary, depending on infection and on individual.
4. Research studies are definitive that you can overdose with any type of silver or silver compound ranging from Argyrol to nano silver.
5. You can get this type of information from a chemist or a pharmacist. There is a lot of information available that is not statistically-based or reliable.
6. I recommend that you consult with your Vet before dosing your dog.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts