1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
6,437 Posts
bred, not bread. And I think he is actually a Lhasa Apso.

·
Super Moderator
11,513 Posts
shelter said he's purebread
You're fortunate they didn't tell you he's a lab. Shelters are notoriously random when it comes to breed guesses - even with owner surrenders.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Shih Tzu X Yorkie. not because I see yorkie in him but because I personaly know about 10 "known for sure" "Shih Tzu X Yorkies that could be his twin. plus a "shorkie" is a popular designer mutt.

here is Duffy, he is a known "Shorkie" and we have several others at work that looks almost exactly like him

·
Registered
136 Posts
Here's my old Shih Tzu (Tip). She was shaved except for her head. She isn't a mix. I saw her parents, grandparents. Most of her life she was 18 pounds but after she crossed the 10 year mark... she worried less & less about her figure :) I have some better pictures somewhere but can't find them at the moment. I think in this picture she was maybe 13/14 or so. I've known several shih tzus & Tzu-crosses. In my opinion they're some of the happiest dogs who retain a touch of the 'puppy' qualities. Like even after she was an old dog, she would still go outside & run with the big dogs, the pups, she'd be in the house & get happy about something & have a little running spell, pounce on your foot for a romp (we called it toe-monsters.... it was her game). But she was the absolutly perfect companion. I deliberately picked her because she had a little bit more of a nose rather than being quite so smush faced.

Irreguardless of what's under the hood, you're pup is adorable... congratulations. I wish you the kind of luck we had with Tip she was a once in a lifetime kind of girl :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts