Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello my puppy’s eyes have been like this for around 2 days now and have only really started to notice it. The only vet appointment I could get is this Friday so for now if anyone knows if he’s okay that would be of great help. He’s 3 months old and a standard dachshund ❤ Thankyou!

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi, at the moment i cannot see the image but when i get back to my office i will reply with my thaughts and feekings about your pups eyes. BTW I was a vet nurse and i can give some more detailed anwsers than others

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello my puppy’s eyes have been like this for around 2 days now and have only really started to notice it. The only vet appointment I could get is this Friday so for now if anyone knows if he’s okay that would be of great help. He’s 3 months old and a standard dachshund ❤ Thankyou!
Cannot see the image

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hello, sorry about that. Can you see the image now? The corners of his eyes were more pink yesterday and he’s been having diarrhoea. I’m afraid it’s parvo yet I haven’t let him outside my house ever, he’s going for 3rd vaccine Friday. I’m hoping to get one in for Thursday

Attachments

·
Registered
1,744 Posts
The eyelid does look a little swollen. Unfortunately, there's so many things that could cause it. Definitely want it checked out in case he has an infection or injury - leaving any eye problems too long could damage his vision.

Now, parvo doesn't affect eyes, and puppies can sometimes be prone to loose stools. How old is he/how long have you had him? Sometimes changing food or the stress from changing homes can cause diarrhea.

But if he has any chance of having parvo (esp. if he's acting tired, not eating well, vomiting, etc. as well as diarrhea), I wouldn't wait until tomorrow or Friday to bring him in. Talk to your vet and see if they can get him in sooner, or get him to an emergency vet. Just let them know before you come in that it's a possible parvo case, because they'll probably have a special procedure to avoid contamination of the waiting room or accidentally exposing other pets.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi,
I can see the image now. From what I can see it looks swollen. The dog’s eyelid looks swollen and a bit sore.

There are some things it could be:

• An allergic reaction (Could be food related),
• A bee sting to the eye/cheek,
• An injury to the eyelid
• Infection to the eyelid
• A Corneal abrasion (scratch/irritation)
• Glaucoma

Because it’s swollen you could go to the vets and have them check what it is, as if it’s an infection they may want to treat it with antibiotics.
If the dog's eyelids are swollen place a cold compress on the affected eye, to help reduce swelling. Keep the compress in place for 10 minutes.

https://pets.webmd.com/dogs/guide/eye-care-dogs#1

·
Super Moderator
11,805 Posts
A reminder that, for the protection of both the dog and the forum, soliciting or offering a medical diagnosis or home remedy is strictly against forum rules.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.