Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm a new fur-parent and i'm a bit concerned if my 15-weeks old lab puppy is too thin. Here are some of his pictures for references.

Canidae Dog Dog breed Floor Flooring Dog Mammal Dog breed Canidae Carnivore Canidae Dog Whippet Fawn Dog breed

·
Registered
2,384 Posts
Not really thin, but maybe needing to be dewormed?

·
Super Moderator
2,827 Posts
Agree, that really round-bellied look can be the result of worms, which may also make it hard for a puppy to get enough nutrition and/or put on weight. I'd say a vet visit and a fecal sample test are in order.

·
Registered
3 Posts
In some photos he looks thin in some normal. At first glance, nothing serious. But it's better to see your veterinarian. Then it will become clear if everything is okay with the dog

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Agree, that really round-bellied look can be the result of worms, which may also make it hard for a puppy to get enough nutrition and/or put on weight. I'd say a vet visit and a fecal sample test are in order.
Hello. Thank you so much for replying. I did notice some small tapeworms in his feces. I just had him checked by a vet and was given a deworming shot along with other medications. We're hoping to see positive results in the following days.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts