Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
http://www.dogforums.com/13-dog-health-questions/51400-red-jelly-poop-colonitist.html

My 9 year old pomeranian, which has collapsed treachea, constantly coughs when she pants too hard and etc. After that incident screwing up her stomach with pancreatist and colonitist(see above post). She's getting much better now, but she's never acted the same anymore.

Since her normal self(for the most part) gains her the energy she needs, she would cough much more constantly(from her collapsed trachea) when she's excited, and once in awhile she would vomit clear,foamy mucus..... just today for instance, she acted very hyper,and i brought her outside for a walk(not run,walk,or she coughs), she suddenly starts licking the grass and barf.

Right now, her feeding is back to the normal hard food she's supposed to be on, i mix it with the light weight and the normal weight food in. the light weight is the new food(also science diet) for her weight loss plan from the vet, its to ease off her collapsed trachea.

It really breaks my heart to see this, she acted very normal, just coughs more frequently, and seldom vomiting....please help ><

PS: please excuse the lack of grammar and flow, bare with me, i don't get to use the internet real soon from now.so just rushing it

·
Registered
174 Posts
I sounds like she is improving. She is getting older and any healing will take longer. I would keep doing what your doing and keep her content.

Good luck

·
Registered
966 Posts
I don't know whether this could effect your dogs recovery in the short term, but I think maybe you could consider feeding a higher quality dog food.
According to dogfoodanalysis.com most or all of the Science Diet foods got a mere 1 star. The reviews criticize the food for "Inadequate meat content, by-products, low quality grains, fat of unidentifiable origin, carcinogenic preservatives."
You can look for your food here:
http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/dog_food_reviews/showcat.php?cat=all&stype=1&si=science+diet&perpage=24&sort=2&stype=&limit=&cat=all&ppuser=
You can check out the 6 star foods and try to find one that is a diet food. Although I think with the higher quality foods often they recommend simply using less, and measuring carefully.
Sorry I can't be of more help. I hope everything works out okay.

·
Registered
6,227 Posts
If you want to try a different food what about using canned? It might be easier on her throat. Diet dog food is a scam, added fiber to fill the dog up. Feed less, exercise more same as with humans. Canned is lower calorie higher volume because of all the water. But use a high quality canned, PLEASE. NOT Cesar cute though the commercials are.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My dog is 9 years old, she's been on science diet her whole life. Any soft food would make her vomit as well, unless is very small portion(Like hand fed rice). I have definately considered switching, but I know she would probably vomit them out, since she's used to science diet.

This past few weeks, she seemed to have gone worse. She may be expressing her normal behavior.But that could of changed within seconds, she would:

-suddenly sit upright, then vomit clear foamy liquid(If it sits around, its just clear like water).

-Lost appetite, she won't eat her own food until she's REALLY hungry.Sometimes she doesn't even join us for dinner anymore, she sit on the couch and listens to the TV.

-Not willing to poop on her washroom breaks, once in awhile she would lick or eat the grass. 5 minutes later barf out clear foamy liquid

-Pooping cycles are weird, seems like its whenever we're not around or quiet she'll poop. They'll be semi solid, and brown, but quickly turn black when dried....

PLEASE HELP ME,im so fustrated, she would always poop in my room when i sleep. My mom refused to bring her to the vet, claiming she's "doing fine". But then i know she thinks munny's not "worse" enough to be at the vet. I know for sure if she doesn't get some treatment done, consequence could be lifelong for munny, and me.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
aznricey - not sure what kind of help you are seeking. Others have suggested can food and changing the type of food but you can't because you're afraid she might throw up the can food and it seems you don't want to change because your dog has been on that food for 9 years now. I'm not exactly sure what help you are seeking. If your mom refuses to take her to the vet, there's not much anyone here can do for you. The Vet is the only person who can tell you what's wrong and what to do. Sorry that you're going through this but as i said, not sure what type of help you are seeking.

·
Registered
966 Posts
I agree with the above poster. A forum can't really help you with this.
You need a vet. Most vets will let you get services and then pay of the bill in monthly increments. Why don't you call your vet and explain the situation, and see if s/he will let you make a payment plan like this?
I think you should reconsider feeding your dog a higher quality food. If you are interested in this, check out the website I gave you before. Pretty much anything you see advertised on TV is crap. And anything in regular grocery stores is crap. If you find a health food store or a pet store, they almost always carry at least one of the good brands. You can also buy the better brands online, just be sure to shop around for the cheapest shipping option.
But the vet is the important thing. You need to figure out a way to get her there.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts