Puppy Forum and Dog Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17,901 Posts
She just looks like a pretty husky mix to me and nothing like a hybrid.

And between you and me, regardless of what you believe she is: do NOT list her ANYWHERE as a possible coyote or wolf hybrid. It's a whole lot of potential legal trouble for you, danger for her, and accomplishes nothing.

·
Registered
9 Posts
It doesn't really look like either with the structure, yes wolves have that type of face but huskies have a facial structure like that too. I'm going to seem like an idiot saying this but, huskies and husky mixes will blow their coats making the look a lot slimmer. Her coloring looks a lot like she blew her coat recently, but that may be her natural coloring. I don't think she's either hybrid, I just think she's a mix.

·
Registered
3,008 Posts
I do not see a picture. The vast majority (75% or more) of wolf dogs are not actually wolf dogs at all just husky mixes. Coyote mixes are less common because coyotes tend to be viewed as pests so people won't really pay for a coyote mix. There are a few sites that will phenotype based on pictures but if you really want to know for certain if your dog has wolf genetics the only way to find out is with the UC Davis test. It cannot tell you how much wolf is in your animal but it can tell you if your dog has any recent wolf ancestry.

http://www.vgl.ucdavis.edu/services/Wolf-DogHybrid.php

·
Registered
1,849 Posts
I don't see a picture. Coydogs are extremely rare. Coyotes and dogs don't seem to like to mix and have low fertility. Attempts to breed them haven't been very successful. So the chance you have a coydog is low.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts